Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Didn’t Spurs start off well last season as well? Still don’t think they will get top 4 they are an injury or 2 from being aweful don’t think they have looked to great 

Agree. Can't see how they can be challenging with a few consecutive 1-0 wins.

Wait...

17 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Nuno has actually made them a solid unit again, that can grind out results.

Kind of to be expected though, right? He's got a better team than Wolves now and he got Wolves into Europe. He's strengthened their defense and is winning games 1 nil. It's a long season but they'll be fighting to win the second league below top 4. Kane staying is big because they can rely on his goals. Son goes of the boil they'd struggle for goals otherwise. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Kind of to be expected though, right? He's got a better team than Wolves now and he got Wolves into Europe. He's strengthened their defense and is winning games 1 nil. It's a long season but they'll be fighting to win the second league below top 4. Kane staying is big because they can rely on his goals. Son goes of the boil they'd struggle for goals otherwise. 

It's a bit like Jose Mourinho without him being there.

Good win against Ciy

Lucky against Wolves apparently.

Fairly comfortable today but we could have avoided the winner.

46 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

We've obviously got more quality overall than Burnley but I can't help but wish we were able to work as hard they do. Everybody puts a shift in and not a single one of them is shy about getting physical, whereas our boys seem to get bullied a lot and don't look up for it sometimes.

I’d take dych when Rodgers goes. Like a fighting battling side 

13 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

That United squad is ridiculous. Imagine if they had a decent manager.

If they had a Conte or a Tuchel id have them down as serious contenders this season.

Fortunately for us and those chasing that top 5 they have Ole 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

It's a bit like Jose Mourinho without him being there.

Good win against Ciy

Lucky against Wolves apparently.

Fairly comfortable today but we could have avoided the winner.

Yeah, I'd take Nuno over Jose all day. The Wolves game felt like yours today. Kind of luck/fluked goal but they hold on. Both Wolves and Walford felt like they had more about them but grinding wins gets 3 points. I can't say I like his playing style but he was always going to make Spurs a tougher proposition. Long season though, lots of moving parts they'll start to slide at the end of September.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lnkstern said:

Not at all surprised that Chris Wood was involved with that Burnley goal.

Proudfoot noted it was the 30,000th goal scored in the Prem.

How many people recall that Albrighton scored the 20,000th while at Villa?

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Was that not a foul by James on trincao? Kicked him after the ball, not that sky have even noticed it.