Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Don't be fooled by still pictures. They showed the replays, and VAR took a look at it, there was NO actual contact.

Watch again, his shin pad is pulled around his leg by his studs, he’s very, very close to doing serious damage to Neves. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Watch again, his shin pad is pulled around his leg by his studs, he’s very, very close to doing serious damage to Neves. 

Close yes, but no cigar. VAR took a look at it. NO actual contact (or far too minimal - an extremely slight brush at the very best - to be deemed a foul). 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Answered your own point with the above mate.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Close yes, but no cigar. VAR took a look at it. NO actual contact (or far too minimal - an extremely slight brush at the very best - to be deemed a foul). 

From what I saw on MOTD Xhaka made no contact on the Man City player yesterday and was a straight red?

• Like 2

We’ve all watched 300 replays and different angles and aren’t sure if there was contact. Hard to blame the ref. Being close to it possibly made it harder to see, not easier! What i am  confident about is that Souness is becoming a liability as a pundit. 

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

We’ve all watched 300 replays and different angles and aren’t sure if there was contact. Hard to blame the ref. Being close to it possibly made it harder to see, not easier! What i am  confident about is that Souness is becoming a liability as a pundit. 

So obviously not a "clear and obvious" officiating error.

Neves tried to sell contact, but Mike Dean wasn't buying it.

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Makes silly and obvious punditry. Not great to listen to and easily undermined.

6 minutes ago, Adster said:

Answered your own point with the above mate.

Yeah, it’s a dangerous challenge, he doesn’t need to break his leg for it to be a foul. He’s high, studs up, missed the ball, and it’s pure chance that he hasn’t seriously hurt him.

Same way it was only chance that when Perez stepped over the ball, his foot landed on someone’s ankle last week.

This tackle is more likely do physical damage than what Perez did. There are rules to protect the players from challenges like this, and it’s right in front of the refs face, which makes it so surprising. Neves should just go down screaming regardless; that the moral of the story sadly. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Mike Dean in a nutshell. I say it every time I see him, he's become a cliche of himself. He nitpicks and finds the tiniest of things to blow for, any touching sleeves or collars in spotted like a hawk but then he misses the biggest, game changing incidents. Who the **** reviews him and goes, "yeah good job, well done, have another big game next week". And he does it all in such a bumptious, arrogant way. Another result decoded by Dean rather than the two teams. Only excuses, it happens quickly, contact is minimal and brief, maybe VAR see it as a foul but not a clear and obvious error to miss it....maybe, but come on, time to assess yourself Dean, you're not fit for purpose, you've protected the stitching of shirt sleeves for 90 minutes but a guy has narrowly escaped a horrific leg injury and the only goal of the game shouldn't have been a goal, you swan off home in your smugmobile and put your feet up until your next abomination of a refereeing performance. 

I'm sure Mike is reading this in the back of his chauffeur driven smugmobile.

I don't like him as a ref BTW.

Escaping an horrific leg injury doesn't make it a foul. There was minimal contact and Neves carried on playing until he realised MD wasn't going to blow for a foul. The goal was an OG. What did MD get wrong?

Edited by Parafox

19 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Don't be fooled by still pictures. They showed the replays, and VAR took a look at it, there was NO actual contact.

A This explains a lot. VAR employing the blind to review decisions is clearly the problem. I mean that’s some skill getting your foot to bend like that with no ACTUAL contact. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Mike Dean in a nutshell. I say it every time I see him, he's become a cliche of himself. He nitpicks and finds the tiniest of things to blow for, any touching sleeves or collars in spotted like a hawk but then he misses the biggest, game changing incidents. Who the **** reviews him and goes, "yeah good job, well done, have another big game next week". And he does it all in such a bumptious, arrogant way. Another result decoded by Dean rather than the two teams. Only excuses, it happens quickly, contact is minimal and brief, maybe VAR see it as a foul but not a clear and obvious error to miss it....maybe, but come on, time to assess yourself Dean, you're not fit for purpose, you've protected the stitching of shirt sleeves for 90 minutes but a guy has narrowly escaped a horrific leg injury and the only goal of the game shouldn't have been a goal, you swan off home in your smugmobile and put your feet up until your next abomination of a refereeing performance. 

Respectfully disagree. The entire game was called with the so-called "light touch".

My take is that it will prolly take a few games to achieve settled consistency and for players to come to grips with it, but I am loving it. Hate seeing players fall like they have been pole-axed at the slightest passing breeze. 

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

A This explains a lot. VAR employing the blind to review decisions is clearly the problem. I mean that’s some skill getting your foot to bend like that with no ACTUAL contact. 

I am all for binning VAR.

But that wouldn’t have affected Mike Dean’s call.

Edited by NaijaFox

11 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Even if he didn’t make contact (he did), flying into a challenge like that makes it impossible to play the ball safely regardless. Should’ve been a foul even without contact. Reckless.

But Neves did play the ball safely enough, and then belatedly tried to sell contact.

Personally, would have had no issue if it had been called, but also none that it was not. 

3 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

But Neves did play the ball safely enough, and then belatedly tried to sell contact.

Personally, would have had no issue if it had been called, but also none that it was not. 

I’m sure if you asked Neves, that wouldn’t be how he’d have played the ball. 

Pogba took a heavy touch and flew in recklessly. 

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

That tackle on the still there by Pogba is as dangerous, but not punished? Bearing in mind I haven’t seen the tackle in motion

Different game, different ref, different circumstances.

If one ref makes a dodgy call (assuming it was), should not mean all refs should.