Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

No real beef during the game. VAR did check after the goal, but only for the badge on the shirt, which was Man Utd so it stood. 

I thought Mike Dean was shite today.  All we really ask from our referees is consistency, and yet he was letting things go that 5 minutes later he was blowing up for.

At least if he lets the same tackles go each time you know where you are, but it was like he couldnt make his mind up whether he was reffing to this seasons rules or last seasons!

On the subject of Referees, our Ref at Norwich was appalling, indecisive and had no idea what so ever.  The fact that he is Refereeing at Premier league level now, shows how garbage the referees below the premier league must be.

49 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I thought Mike Dean was shite today.  All we really ask from our referees is consistency, and yet he was letting things go that 5 minutes later he was blowing up for.

At least if he lets the same tackles go each time you know where you are, but it was like he couldnt make his mind up whether he was reffing to this seasons rules or last seasons!

On the subject of Referees, our Ref at Norwich was appalling, indecisive and had no idea what so ever.  The fact that he is Refereeing at Premier league level now, shows how garbage the referees below the premier league must be.

Thought he was the worst ref we’ve had for a while tbh. 

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Anyone else think Man U got rinsed again by signing Sancho for £73m, he was a wonder in the Bundesliga but is struggling in the EPL, is it that the pace of the leagues are different? I never seen him play before Man U so don't know how good he was.

He s just started ffs..!!   He will grow & improve with more games behind him

I support here in Germany BvB, he is still a young lad,with talent & potential

Yes he wont be allowed so much Space in the PL as the  BL....but has mentioned he will get better..

It pisses me off these vids I’m seeing.

that’s two clear and obvious videos I’ve seen (I didn’t watch the match or have seen any highlights) where Man U have gotten away with it. If that’s against Man U the other team would have conceded a pen and gone a man down.

VAR is great but it’s still the idiot FA yes boys that run it. Officials are no where near the standard of what the premier league deserves.

The decisions not to give anything after seeing those clips is outrageous and I’m not even a Wolves fan and The Bear aside I can’t stand them 😜😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

So Spurs are top. Have anyone seen the commemorative DVD celebrating the fact yet?

Like Everton last year !

55 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I mean that is 100% a foul. No way around it. It seems like VAR is only there for Man Utds benefit.

Seems strange it wasn’t even picked up by anyone .

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Like Everton last year !

Seems strange it wasn’t even picked up by anyone .

The explanation will be that the ball was gone. That always seems to be a thing for penalties but is nowhere to be seen in the rules. It's as clear would as you're likely to see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Did VAR miss a penalty to Wolves for this ?

Looks like a late tackle not picked up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wolvesfancast/status/1432069319022858240

Jeez, that's fekkin evil. How tf did they get away with that? I'm not even sure I could give that clichéd semi excuse of 'reckless' - he's gone in full throttle studs up at him. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CAMBIASSOOOOOO said:

Burnley dont make any signings of note because hardly anyone exists in football that are of Premier League quality AND play to Burnley's style of play.

Out and out wingers who cross to big physical number 9s, defenders with zero ability to build from the back, they dont exist at Premier League level.

Albrighton a couple of seasons ago would have been perfect for them as he would literally smash down the wing and then put an absolute peach of a cross in. I'd go as far as saying, at that time in his career, there wasn't a better crosser of the ball in the PL.

If Slimani was any good, I think we'd have got an awful lot of goals from Albrighton crosses.

Due to our lack of Aerial threat up front, Albrighton has completely changed his style of play and is a much more dynamic and better player as a result.

Edited by adejo92

52 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The explanation will be that the ball was gone. That always seems to be a thing for penalties but is nowhere to be seen in the rules. It's as clear would as you're likely to see.

Frustrating to see cags given on Saturday and this ignored on Sunday ….

if the var had got involved on this one then no one could possibly have had any objection…. You simply cannot go clearing people out in the penalty area - he eventually slides into the player because he’s out of control ….

the irony being that Mike dean is precisely the kind of ref who gives that pen if he sees it whereas others might hide behind  ‘the ball has gone’ …..  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CAMBIASSOOOOOO said:

Burnley dont make any signings of note because hardly anyone exists in football that are of Premier League quality AND play to Burnley's style of play.

Out and out wingers who cross to big physical number 9s, defenders with zero ability to build from the back, they dont exist at Premier League level.

Be nice if Burnley didn’t exist 😂

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Seems an odd one this. Thought he'd end up somewhere better. Maybe Norwich are the only ones willing to pay the wages he was asking? Seems unlikely though!

I expect he wants guaranteed playing time 

Norwich will definitely get their money back and more 

pretty much a no brainier for them but a risk for him because he could look v exposed and struggle to get the kind of move he wants afterwards…

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I expect he wants guaranteed playing time 

Norwich will definitely get their money back and more 

pretty much a no brainier for them but a risk for him because he could look v exposed and struggle to get the kind of move he wants afterwards…

I think it seems a risky one from the players perspective. With Norwich he's going to have to have a very good season otherwise there's a genuine risk that he'll be playing championship football next season with no one coming in to take him. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I think it seems a risky one from the players perspective. With Norwich he's going to have to have a very good season otherwise there's a genuine risk that he'll be playing championship football next season with no one coming in to take him. 

I think Schalke will be getting screwed over though 

no way are Norwich paying him more than 60k/week

so his s/o fee over a four year deal will have to be increased by £4m to cover the shortfall on the 80k he wanted.  This will have to come from somewhere and you’d expect it to be a reduced transfer fee …..  I guess on a financial level, he’s done ok ! 

39 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think Schalke will be getting screwed over though 

no way are Norwich paying him more than 60k/week

so his s/o fee over a four year deal will have to be increased by £4m to cover the shortfall on the 80k he wanted.  This will have to come from somewhere and you’d expect it to be a reduced transfer fee …..  I guess on a financial level, he’s done ok ! 

Apparently it’s a loan with OTB 

so my previous posts are rubbish …… yeah I know ….