Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

End of an era.

Deeney going to his boyhood club.

Walsall will be gutted - they had a sell on clause although no one really came in for him apart from you guys .

What an awful looking kit! What brand is that?

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not many players come with a chant built in.

Dananananananana Botman.

You'd be surprised. Watford once had a striker called Geijo, pronounced Hey-Ho and they didn't sing Hey! Ho! Let's Go!, by The Ramones. 

You should be ashamed of yourself @Super_horns

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Genuine question; how can what Mendes does for Wolves be allowed?

I'm not knocking it as such, I’d love for a super agent to rock up here and start getting his players through the door for us (provided we actually want them, of course), but ethically speaking? Surely a conflict of interest in both his relationship with his players and ‘advisory’ role to Wolves?

I’m sure for every Neves there’s a shocker? Can’t be ideal for the club? And I’m sure there’s a number of players that would otherwise be looking for moves to clubs with consistent European football etc, just making the move that their agent tells them to? And contracts are barely worth the paper their written on in the modern game - if Mendes’ has a complete relationship breakdown with the Wolves board, is he going to start getting his players out?

It’s pretty fascinating to me.

1 minute ago, FoxCal said:

I'm not knocking it as such, I’d love for a super agent to rock up here and start getting his players through the door for us (provided we actually want them, of course), but ethically speaking? Surely a conflict of interest in both his relationship with his players and ‘advisory’ role to Wolves?

I’m sure for every Neves there’s a shocker? Can’t be ideal for the club? And I’m sure there’s a number of players that would otherwise be looking for moves to clubs with consistent European football etc, just making the move that their agent tells them to? And contracts are barely worth the paper their written on in the modern game - if Mendes’ has a complete relationship breakdown with the Wolves board, is he going to start getting his players out?

It would appear to be a conflict of interests.

Football, like everywhere there's money, will always have people pushing legality to the limit.

I guess Mendes is putting players in the shop window, showing what they can do at the top level. Wolves get the short term benefit and Mendes just makes more and more cash.

I find the sums that agents make and take out of the sport totally vulgar.

Whilst legal, it won't stop. And if it works for Wolves, it works.

Do Wolves fans look at it as a positive or are they sceptical @The Bear?

I wouldn't really be moaning if we had players like Neves and Moutinho. 

14 minutes ago, FoxCal said:

It just seems a smaller direct scale of what some other owners do, look at the owners at Man City think they own around 7 other clubs around the world, players might not be switching clubs between them (at least not to Man City anyway) but that’s hell of a good scouting network 

look at what Watford owners was doing a few seasons ago transferring players or loaning players between their clubs 

even us are now doing it to some degree with Leuven 

• Like 1