Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 hours ago, FoxCal said:

Genuine question; how can what Mendes does for Wolves be allowed?

I'm not knocking it as such, I’d love for a super agent to rock up here and start getting his players through the door for us (provided we actually want them, of course), but ethically speaking? Surely a conflict of interest in both his relationship with his players and ‘advisory’ role to Wolves?

I’m sure for every Neves there’s a shocker? Can’t be ideal for the club? And I’m sure there’s a number of players that would otherwise be looking for moves to clubs with consistent European football etc, just making the move that their agent tells them to? And contracts are barely worth the paper their written on in the modern game - if Mendes’ has a complete relationship breakdown with the Wolves board, is he going to start getting his players out?

It’s pretty fascinating to me.

Tbf he’s pulling the same tricks for Spurs and Barca. 

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

It would appear to be a conflict of interests.

Football, like everywhere there's money, will always have people pushing legality to the limit.

I guess Mendes is putting players in the shop window, showing what they can do at the top level. Wolves get the short term benefit and Mendes just makes more and more cash.

I find the sums that agents make and take out of the sport totally vulgar.

Whilst legal, it won't stop. And if it works for Wolves, it works.

Do Wolves fans look at it as a positive or are they sceptical @The Bear?

I wouldn't really be moaning if we had players like Neves and Moutinho. 

99% take it as a positive. We don't just sign Mendes players. There have been plenty for different agencies. And Mendes sometimes facilitates contacts for players we wouldn't otherwise have. 

• Like 1

It Ronaldo wins Manchester United a League, FA Cup or Champions League, does that make him the best player ever? 

I wonder if Messi regrets joining a B League? He could have gone on to compete with Ronaldo again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

It Ronaldo wins Manchester United a League, FA Cup or Champions League, does that make him the best player ever? 

I wonder if Messi regrets joining a B League? He could have gone on to compete with Ronaldo again. 

Nope

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Looks like Firmino could be out for half a season. 

When Afcon comes Liverpool will lose Mane and Salah too. 

They have Jota, Mane, Salah playing twice a week for a good few months with little backup except Origi. 

If we can find form it should be possible to finish above them. 

Except we’ll be losing N’Didi, Amartey, Iheanacho, Lookman and Mendy.

Daka won’t be going as Zambia didn’t qualify. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

If he does help them win a league title, then he could be a contender as one of the most effective players in the modern game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Except we’ll be losing N’Didi, Amartey, Iheanacho, Lookman and Mendy.

Daka won’t be going as Zambia didn’t qualify. 

Lookman hasn’t been cleared to play for Nigeria, and said he still wants to play for England, but I guess his chances of that are very low unless he explodes with us, but even then there is big competition for those places.

3 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

If he does help them win a league title, then he could be a contender as one of the most effective players in the modern game. 

He already is one of those, let alone a contender.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

Not sure they can win the PL or CL tbh. 

Will do well to finish above Man City and Chelsea. They're the teams to beat 

• Like 1

With the Ronaldo to Man U and Messi to PSG transfers, I cant work out if they will be a success because they are the best ever despite their age or if they have a bit of a Bale to Spurs on loan sort of feel about them.

Must be the only one who doesn't think the Ronaldo transfer will work out very well; just can't see him playing regularly, given the demanding domestic cup and league fixtures.

They must manage him like Rodgers is planning to do with Vardy in his latter playing stage.