Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Edouard to Palace would be some signing for them. Surely someone a step above could have come in for him, looking at you Wolves.

Anyone else wanting Palace to succeed in this gamble with Viera and the signing of fresher players? 

I can't help but admire a brave move, trying to avoid a Stoke, Sunderland style of inevitable slow death

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

ffp is there to stop you theoretically spending more than you earn. Man U earn many hundreds of millions more than we do. Hence they can pay those wages and still have a lower wage/earnings ratio than us. We are not a good advert of paying sustainable wages! 

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's why FFP is bullshit. It's there mainly to stop clubs spending enough money to challenge those at the top. 

That's what also concerns me about the proposed UEFA reforms.

Our wages are a high proportion of our turnover, and some of the suggested reforms would make it even harder for clubs like us that don't have huge incomes, and reinforce the positions of the biggest clubs unless they are run in an absolutely idiotic and exceptionally profligate way like Barcelona recently. 

Hate hearing useless pundits use Fergie's initial spell at United as a reason for Arteta to get longer at Arsenal. The era then and now are incomparable and similarities shouldnt be drawn. 

Whilst admittedly it's funny as hell to watch, tired of hearing pundits be serious in comparing the two  

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Why will the PL allow man u to reallocate the no 7 to CR7 ?

Surely that will drive higher commercial revenues which is better for Man U ? 

It’s a joke if it happens, premier league have never allowed it to happen before despite apparently being asked multiple times they have always turned the requests down 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I can’t stand this twat Kaveh Solhekol. What football journalist calls Atletico “Athletico”. Dear me. 

Watched a bit of this earlier- him and Dharmesh Sheth looking in amazement at each other's phones as though they'd discovered a breakthrough cure for a disease rather than a text saying "Edouard to Palace. Done".

• Haha 2