Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

16 hours ago, Koke said:

Can't wait til Ronaldo"s debut is over and done with. The Man Utd social media sdmins have been milking the Ronaldo signing for 10 straight days. 

Would be absolute poetry if Steve Bruce spawned a point there and he missed a penalty. Can't see it though.

• Haha 1

Yeh I'm sick of the Ronaldo love fest too! It's a bit too much for my liking. Youtube is literally clogged with CR7 golden oldies reels. I like the guy as a player in his prime but lets be honest he's going to be more cheery picking up front like Ebra ready to poke in the chances which he'll get plenty of. Would be very funny like Dan LCFC said if the magpies were the party poopers and made it a boring game. My heart says 0-0 draw but my mind says it will be a 5-0 mauling. Poor Geordies. Anyway, we need to focus on pepci-ty and try and get a fair point out of this if we can.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Koke said:

Can't wait til Ronaldo"s debut is over and done with. The Man Utd social media sdmins have been milking the Ronaldo signing for 10 straight days. 

All those day tripping fans going Saturday just to see him.... be interesting if he doesn't play.

Not bound to happen, mind.

Newcastle win would be lovely too but I also doubt that as well.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

All those day tripping fans going Saturday just to see him.... be interesting if he doesn't play.

Not bound to happen, mind.

Newcastle win would be lovely too but I also doubt that as well.

I was hoping to see crazy scenes like the PSG fans with Messi.  We'll probably just see a load of over weight blokes in replica Ronaldo shirts trying to get a selfie.

• Haha 2

To be fair, it is a bit of a coup for United, all things considered. And it wasn't out of the realms of possibility that we'd have had the two best players in the world in our league - even if it is the twilight of their careers.

I am willing to allow the Ronaldo love-in, for a bit. 

The rest of it can fvck right off though. Sancho, Ole, Fernandes...all of them. 

I still don't think they'll pull up any trees this season. They're still a mile off Chelsea and Man City for me. I do think this is the signing that leads to the penny dropping to them about Solskjaer though.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

Is this a sign of what we will get in England? 

https://www.skysports.com/share/12403044

Sports fans in Scotland will need to prove they have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to attend matches from October 1.

The vaccine passport scheme will apply to all events where crowds are bigger than 10,000 people.

Unseated outdoor events where more than 4,000 people attend will also be subject to the new measures, as will indoor events with more than 500 spectators.

providing a negative test result as an alternative to a covid passport will not be accepted.

However, those under 18, participants in vaccine trials, those unable to get vaccinated for medical reasons and employees at venues within the scope of the scheme will be exempt.

On 07/09/2021 at 21:51, Koke said:

Yeah, not like he is one of the all time greatest footballers!!!

Edited by Raj

30 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Sports fans in Scotland will need to prove they have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to attend matches from October 1.

The vaccine passport scheme will apply to all events where crowds are bigger than 10,000 people.

Unseated outdoor events where more than 4,000 people attend will also be subject to the new measures, as will indoor events with more than 500 spectators.

providing a negative test result as an alternative to a covid passport will not be accepted.

However, those under 18, participants in vaccine trials, those unable to get vaccinated for medical reasons and employees at venues within the scope of the scheme will be exempt.

We will be doing this soon

32 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Surely that will only effect Celtic and Rangers home matches though.

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I still don't think they'll pull up any trees this season. They're still a mile off Chelsea and Man City for me. I do think this is the signing that leads to the penny dropping to them about Solskjaer though.

it could effect players in both ways I think with the limelight on Ronaldo others won't perform as good but lets see

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Wouldn't be shocked. A complete disgrace.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

it could effect players in both ways I think with the limelight on Ronaldo others won't perform as good but lets see

Ronaldo himself will deliver I've no doubt about that, but you're right and this was generally the case at Juventus. Could see a similar situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Isn't that already been pretty much confirmed in England too from October? Leicester are going to be pretty much doing this.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't that already been pretty much confirmed in England too from October? Leicester are going to be pretty much doing this.

I can’t see the Westminster govt pushing ahead with not accepting a neg LFT test as an alternative. I don’t thInk they will get VP’s through a vote. 
however, it’s possible that they could change the procedure to require LFT’s for access to events to be done at pop up hubs rather than home tests to avoid ‘dodgy testing’.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can’t see the Westminster govt pushing ahead with not accepting a neg LFT test as an alternative. I don’t thInk they will get VP’s through a vote. 
however, it’s possible that they could change the procedure to require LFT’s for access to events to be done at pop up hubs rather than home tests to avoid ‘dodgy testing’.  

That's got to be the sensible happy medium.