Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Ric Flair said:

That's got to be the sensible happy medium. 

Back in the spring, we had to visit these hubs to get a neg LFT test to access the FA cup semi and also the final. however, by the time the final came around, some groups were being allowed to take their own tests which compromises the whole thing imo.  I guess the govt could say that if you aren’t prepared to be vaccinated then you can get an LFT at one of these hubs but you may be asked to pay something towards the cost - say a tenner.  that’s an even happier medium for the exchequer! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

How and why would they not accept a negative test? You are literally proving that you don’t have covid, yet with a vaccine passport you could actually have covid? 

Because you don’t have to be negative to file a negative result.  It’s a flawed system.  

I get that double vaccinated people may well be infectious but if everyone at the event is double vaccinated, then the risk of people at the event becoming infected and needing hospital treatment is v low.  If people are attending who are not vaccinated then they are more susceptible to having a bad experience of covid that may require a stay in hospital.  I guess that’s a good argument for not allowing anyone who isn’t double jabbed to attend 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

How and why would they not accept a negative test? You are literally proving that you don’t have covid, yet with a vaccine passport you could actually have covid? 

Because it simply isn't about stopping the spread of a virus. There's no way it can be. If it was about that, they wouldn't have allowed these first few games to have full, unrestricted crowds at all.

Worrying times in this country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Because it simply isn't about stopping the spread of a virus. There's no way it can be. If it was about that, they wouldn't have allowed these first few games to have full, unrestricted crowds at all.

You’re absolutely right Dan. It’s about having as normal a health service as possible. It always was. The aim was never to stop people dying or being infected  - that could never be a target as it’s impossible. I can’t recall the authorities ever saying much different if you actually listened to them. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That is what I don’t get. The fact that they have already had the games with full capacity and no checks etc. I haven’t been keeping on top of the case numbers but I didn’t think there had been a correlation between the season starting and loads more cases. I may be wrong. 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because you don’t have to be negative to file a negative result.  It’s a flawed system.  

I get that double vaccinated people may well be infectious but if everyone at the event is double vaccinated, then the risk of people at the event becoming infected and needing hospital treatment is v low.  If people are attending who are not vaccinated then they are more susceptible to having a bad experience of covid that may require a stay in hospital.  I guess that’s a good argument for not allowing anyone who isn’t double jabbed to attend 

no it isn't 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

That is what I don’t get. The fact that they have already had the games with full capacity and no checks etc. I haven’t been keeping on top of the case numbers but I didn’t think there had been a correlation between the season starting and loads more cases. I may be wrong. 

Also to add to this I assume all players and staff will have to prove that they have had the vaccine? Otherwise that would be ****ing mental. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Exactly this, I’ve posted previously on this thread about vaccination hospital stats but just to repeat them 

5,098 people aged under 50 (average age of fan is under 50) admitted to hospital in the week up to 29th August, 73% unvaccinated while 10% had been fully vaccinated 

in the same time period 154 under 50’s confirmed or likely to have had the Delta COVID-19 variant died 64% of them was unvaccinated 

6 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Maybe because by not being vaccinated you're at a higher risk of hospitalisation if you were to catch it. You are opening yourself up to a high risk environment by going to a large gathering where most people are double jabbed (could pass it onto you). Maybe it's a way of trying to cut hospitalisation and deaths and also stop the drain on healthcare resources of the stubborn anti-vaxxers! 

8 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon Ronaldo won't last more than the season.

It’s an interesting one. It’s a different league to Italy. He’ll need to keep himself in top shape and with the high intensity games week in week out, he’ll struggle to maintain that level. You’d expect him to start well, then maybe tail off. 

Let’s see how it goes! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s an interesting one. It’s a different league to Italy. He’ll need to keep himself in top shape and with the high intensity games week in week out, he’ll struggle to maintain that level. You’d expect him to start well, then maybe tail off. 

Let’s see how it goes! 

I’m not sure. I’d say he’s in as good shape as anyone.

The fanfare is getting boring now, but this probably is the biggest signing of PL history.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Corky said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58503185

Cristiano Ronaldo's return: Why is Manchester United v Newcastle not on UK TV?

Because neither Sky nor BT chose it. The end.

He may play in other matches that will be live on TV in the future.

I couldn’t believe this when I read it. I mean is this journalist that bereft of work that they had to resort to this? 

It’s like posting an article about why extra strong mints taste like mint and not chocolate…….

Edited by Pliskin

10 hours ago, Corky said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58503185

Cristiano Ronaldo's return: Why is Manchester United v Newcastle not on UK TV?

Because neither Sky nor BT chose it. The end.

He may play in other matches that will be live on TV in the future.

Who gives a fvck

I'd rather shite barbed wire for a month than watch him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Karl Darlow says that a couple of Newcastle players were pursuaded to get Covid jabs after the serious condition he was in. However, 4 or 5 players are still unvacinated. 

Surprised that clubs haven't mandated this. I'd drop any anti-vax players unless they have a medical reason. 

Just hope that all of our squad are fully dosed. 

Newcastle goalkeeper Karl Darlow urges players to get vaccinated for Covid-19 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58486106

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don't think blackmailing would go down well in the workplace. 

Difficult one 

if you get a big outbreak in your squad then a strong chance you lose at least one game and maybe three !

In addition, no vaccine means if you contract it then the chance of long covid is higher (according to a study last week) which means you maybe aren’t available for selection for an extended period (as was the case with a few Newcastle players last season) 

if I was a manager I would be telling my players that if they have a responsibility not only to themselves but to their fellow players and the fans. 

• Like 2