Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Difficult one 

if you get a big outbreak in your squad then a strong chance you lose at least one game and maybe three !

In addition, no vaccine means if you contract it then the chance of long covid is higher (according to a study last week) which means you maybe aren’t available for selection for an extended period (as was the case with a few Newcastle players last season) 

if I was a manager I would be telling my players that if they have a responsibility not only to themselves but to their fellow players and the fans. 

PL protocols around covid have been pretty exemplary and is possibly one of the reasons players aren't concerned for their safety. They are tested constantly. 

29 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Karl Darlow says that a couple of Newcastle players were pursuaded to get Covid jabs after the serious condition he was in. However, 4 or 5 players are still unvacinated. 

Surprised that clubs haven't mandated this. I'd drop any anti-vax players unless they have a medical reason. 

Just hope that all of our squad are fully dosed. 

Newcastle goalkeeper Karl Darlow urges players to get vaccinated for Covid-19 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58486106

I could be wrong but as there are no exemptions for elite sports people anymore with travelling abroad surely our players would be vaccinated as they are likely to travel to amber list countries in the Europa League. Unless of course there's an exemption for amber list and just not red list?

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Karl Darlow says that a couple of Newcastle players were pursuaded to get Covid jabs after the serious condition he was in. However, 4 or 5 players are still unvacinated. 

Surprised that clubs haven't mandated this. I'd drop any anti-vax players unless they have a medical reason. 

Just hope that all of our squad are fully dosed. 

Newcastle goalkeeper Karl Darlow urges players to get vaccinated for Covid-19 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58486106

Just been reading about NFL COVID mandates as their season is starting today unfortunately don’t see it ever taking off here as players would likely miss a lot of game time

For fully vaccinated players 

• Vaccinated individuals who test positive and are asymptomatic will be isolated and contact tracing will promptly occur.
  • The positive individual will be permitted to return to duty after two negative tests at least 24-hours apart.
  • After that, they will be tested every week or as directed by the medical staffs.
  • Vaccinated individuals will not be subject to quarantine as a result of close contact with an infected person.
  • Vaccinated players can go out on the road and more easily spend time with teammates outside the facility

for non vaccinated players 

• If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic.
  • Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be subject to a five-day quarantine period if they have close contact with an infected individual.
  • Unvaccinated individuals must be tested for COVID every day at the team facility. If a player misses even one day of testing, they will be required to test negative for COVID for five straight days before re-entering the facility.
  • Unvaccinated free agents must also test negative for five consecutive days before being allowed to enter a team facility.
  • Unvaccinated players must wear masks at all times in the facility. They cannot gather in groups larger than three players and on the road "are prohibited from congregating, visiting or mingling with individuals outside of the traveling party once they have arrived in the game city."
  • Unvaccinated individuals are subject to fines if they break COVID protocols. This can include anything from failing to wear a mask in the facility or going to an indoor concert or house party with more than 15 people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I could be wrong but as there are no exemptions for elite sports people anymore with travelling abroad surely our players would be vaccinated as they are likely to travel to amber list countries in the Europa League. Unless of course there's an exemption for amber list and just not red list?

Afaik there are still elite sports exemptions for amber list countries 

looking at the other stuff, free choice is important but if I’m paying someone 50 grand a week and they refuse a jab which will make them less likely to miss games at some point in the season then I’m v unhappy.  I bet if a player could get a jab which made them eight times less likely to miss a game because of a muscle strain then they’d be queuing up for it !!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

Callum Wilson out injured for Newcastle again. No decent back up signed in the window. They're absolutely screwed.

His injuries are terrible, its shame for him really he never gets a good run of games. As in form hes a class striker and would get more England call ups.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2021 at 17:50, Spudulike said:

Every average pass, dribble or goal will be drooled over with the 'experts' telling us that only Ronaldo can do such a thing (apart from Lee-on-ell, listen to me, I can speak Spanish). 

Glad I haven't got Sky. 

This annoys me. Especially when I’ve watched said player do something I’ll do with the kids over the park or knocking about with my friends.

Daft this may sound this could be the start of the end for Fifa, there once again trying to dictate club football from going from two world cups year to try ban club players. Not forgetting we've got a world cup in the middle of the season in November/December which will again affect nearly everyone league system. Tournaments being hosted in more than not two but three countries which means players are going to be tired come they return from the tournament. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've not seen too much discussed on here about the Brazillian players being 'banned', so what does everyone make of it?

As people might gather, I slag Man City and Liverpool off for anything and everything but on this occasion I have to stick up for them, i'm for any club not allowing their player to go on international duty, certainly in the current climate, during a pandemic and even more-so when you're talking about a red-list country.

Why International games are being played throughout a pandemic is beyond me anyway.

However, there are rules, now I don't know where these rules have come from, I dare say clubs have stopped players (And players themselves have opted out - which says even more about what little regard international football has) going on international duty in the past and nothing has been done but regardless apparently there are rules.

What is the point in rules (Of any kind) when clubs (Many clubs - but most notably, Man City) continually break (and get away with) or get away with paying their way out of breaking rules?

Shows Really the total incompetence of both EUFA & FIFA, Not Really understanding the Base,character  or undertone of their own rules & regulations...

They should be Protecting the competitions well-being  and name Plus Safety of the players,team-management, officials, und travelling admins, of tneir  organisations...

They have failed miserable on presence,presentation & projection alone in any Covid situation...

They have Left their Members & representatives, world-wide hanging....Plus neither FIFA Not EUFA, can Mix it with the individual nations-leagues...

They can insular & stupid, and ban their own Member from competing, BECAUSE they Followed the rules...:dunno:

13 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

They are free human beings and are 'entitled' to choose what substances are injected into their bodies mate.

Agreed! But they shouldn't complain and no one should complain on their be half. They can do what they want. In the same sense that i can legally swim to the middle of the ocean. If i drown it's my fault though! That's it. 

17 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

They are free human beings and are 'entitled' to choose what substances are injected into their bodies mate.

And they can do whatever they want. You're 100% right. Just like how a smoker could smoke himself to death smoking 100 cigs a day. 100% legal. But when it can affect others it starts to become an issue. And it should be obligatory in this said case. If someone isn't responsible enough to not have a collective view as a footballer or anything for that matter then they should expect stricter rules and or regulations. It's life. If someone smoked 100 cigs a day and was slowly killing his children i wouldn't be complaining if there was an intervention. Just an example but you get the idea. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

And they can do whatever they want. You're 100% right. Just like how a smoker could smoke himself to death smoking 100 cigs a day. 100% legal. But when it can affect others it starts to become an issue. And it should be obligatory in this said case. If someone isn't responsible enough to not have a collective view as a footballer or anything for that matter then they should expect stricter rules and or regulations. It's life. If someone smoked 100 cigs a day and was slowly killing his children i wouldn't be complaining if there was an intervention. Just an example but you get the idea. 

Just playing devil's advocate but it seems the unvaccinated are now the ones most likely to end up in hospital or so we are told (it's probably still the % of elderly and vulnerable that the vaccine hasn't been 100% successful with) but in which case if its only effecting them, just like obese people are the only ones being effected by being fat and taking up countless hospital beds. Will they be part of a two tiered society to prevent their drain on health care too?

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

His injuries are terrible, its shame for him really he never gets a good run of games. As in form hes a class striker and would get more England call ups.

I wonder if it’s the St James Park pitch. It’s got a really bad slope on it. It’s quite remarkable when you do the stadium tour and notice it for the first time. 

2 hours ago, stu said:

Whilst I'm sure it's good for the brand, what's the point in setting out to ban it in the first place? 

The equivalent of 'if you do that I'll thump you' and then going to tell the teacher. Toothless. At least the Brazilians stood by their guns no matter how daft. 

Idiots.