Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

While I agree Man City have managed to get away with the FFP breaches, let's not get conspiratorial here. This effects clubs other than Man City and Liverpool in the PL. The rule doesn't work during a pandemic - it wasn't designed for this situation.

I feel bad for those players who stayed behind because they were blocked from international duty by their clubs. Rightly or wrongly, turns out they could have represented their countries with no consequence to their club playing time after all.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

While I agree Man City have managed to get away with the FFP breaches, let's not get conspiratorial here. This effects clubs other than Man City and Liverpool in the PL. The rule doesn't work during a pandemic - it wasn't designed for this situation.

I feel bad for those players who stayed behind because they were blocked from international duty by their clubs. Rightly or wrongly, turns out they could have represented their countries with no consequence to their club playing time after all.

No they couldn’t . If they’d gone to a red list country then they would be sitting in hotel quarantine today …… the players were kept away from int duty to enable them to play today.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If it was any one of us and we'd said what he did about it we'd have been in prison years ago and on a register of some sort. 

People will get all misogynistic about it, she'll have all the usual accusations thrown at her, but it's extremely damming for him. 

I genuinely think there's no coincidence that Man City pulled out of the Ronaldo move the day after Mendy's arrest broke in the news. 

Couldn't agree more. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Screenshot_20210911-090707_Chrome.jpg

We pronounce it Championship in England Martin.

Jokes aside, this can’t be real? There is no way they will qualify for the Champions League this season, and they aren’t currently in it! 
Has anyone told him when he signed they aren’t in Europe?

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Screenshot_20210911-090707_Chrome.jpg

I remember Vichai said he wanted us to be in Europe within a few years of promotion, even I laughed at that, and look what happened. 

But it does sometimes feel like football clubs live in a cult-like bubble, Arsenal winning the CL this season or next is arguably less likely than 5000-1.

8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I remember Vichai said he wanted us to be in Europe within a few years of promotion, even I laughed at that, and look what happened. 

But it does sometimes feel like football clubs live in a cult-like bubble, Arsenal winning the CL this season or next is arguably less likely than 5000-1.

Yeah; they might want to target winning a match first.

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If it was any one of us and we'd said what he did about it we'd have been in prison years ago and on a register of some sort. 

People will get all misogynistic about it, she'll have all the usual accusations thrown at her, but it's extremely damming for him. 

I genuinely think there's no coincidence that Man City pulled out of the Ronaldo move the day after Mendy's arrest broke in the news. 

Is this true? He admitted it?

I always say how good this guy is and best player in the world but if I find out for a fact he’s admitted to raping someone I’ll never say a good word about him again!

If it is true just goes to show how if you’re big time you get away with stuff.

9 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Is this true? He admitted it?

I always say how good this guy is and best player in the world but if I find out for a fact he’s admitted to raping someone I’ll never say a good word about him again!

If it is true just goes to show how if you’re big time you get away with stuff.

He has always denied it, Der Spiegel published a document saying he had admitted she said no etc. He says that document is fabricated. There is a lot of he said she said, and the new lawsuit is something like £75m in damages. 

Sounds like if she told police on or close to the day, they could have searched for evidence and proven it one way or the other, but she didn’t, there is no evidence but still the accusation, so this will probably drag on for years/until he gives her more money. If he has actually admitted it in writing then the court case wouldn’t be so complex you’d think... so I doubt the Speigel doc is real (personal opinion, speculating). 

Only they know what happened, obviously. I have no idea, this is just what I’ve read various places. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He has always denied it, Der Spiegel published a document saying he had admitted she said no etc. He says that document is fabricated. There is a lot of he said she said, and the new lawsuit is something like £75m in damages. 

Sounds like if she told police on or close to the day, they could have searched for evidence and proven it one way or the other, but she didn’t, there is no evidence but still the accusation, so this will probably drag on for years/until he gives her more money. If he has actually admitted it in writing then the court case wouldn’t be so complex you’d think... so I doubt the Speigel doc is real (personal opinion, speculating). 

Only they know what happened, obviously. I have no idea, this is just what I’ve read various places. 

How is paying someone off and getting them to sign something to keep them quiet denying it? 

14 hours ago, Walkers said:

Flicking through the TV guide for tomorrow, I see Sky have already decided that Man Utd v Newcastle will be game of the day and get full highlights at 8.30 lol lol

The media companies seem to be treating this match as though it's the only time he's going to play for Man United again and are desperately trying to compensate for it not being shown live here. Articles about the blackout, where to listen on the radio and all that.

27 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

How is paying someone off and getting them to sign something to keep them quiet denying it? 

Because accusing someone whose public image is worth millions and millions per year is a bit different to accusing the average Joe IMO. His lawyers (without him) made an agreement that began with “This is in no way an admission of guilt”. There are two ways to look at it, I don’t know which way is the truth. 

If you were out to extort money from him this is an almost perfect way to do so, but if it happened the way she said then this is also the path you’d expect it to go down given there is no evidence. Nobody knows except them. I’m inclined to believe the accuser always, though it’s more complex with the mega rich because of the public pressure and money potentially available to you if you can push them into silencing you legally.   

If I had been wrongly accused there is no way I’d pay someone to shut up. But then I won’t lose millions if I don’t give them £300k or whatever it was. Maybe I would pay if I stood to lose huge sums of money, I don’t know, I’m just glad I’ll never be in that position.

Feel bad for the victim. She shouldn't be the center of attention should be him. From what I've heard he's already admitted guilt. Both mendy and him, (along with any famous person who commits crimes) should go to jail. Sadly money talks. Solidarity. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Feel bad for the victim. She shouldn't be the center of attention should be him. From what I've heard he's already admitted guilt. Both mendy and him, (along with any famous person who commits crimes) should go to jail. Sadly money talks. Solidarity. 

The Ronaldo stuff has certainly been swiftly brushed under the carpet

• Like 1

This exchange between a Chelsea fan and a Man City fan is ****ing hilarious lol 

Also, I'm tired of.clubs like Sheffield Wednesday being name dropped every time this stupid big club debate. And I love how the West Ham fan casually threw West Ham in there like we wouldn't notice lol

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

This exchange between a Chelsea fan and a Man City fan is ****ing hilarious lol 

Also, I'm tired of.clubs like Sheffield Wednesday being name dropped every time this stupid big club debate. And I love how the West Ham fan casually threw West Ham in there like we wouldn't notice lol

Pre takeover Man City were a bigger club than pre takeover Chelsea 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Pre takeover Man City were a bigger club than pre takeover Chelsea 

They weren't though. Abramovic took over a Chelsea team in the CL. Also, Chelsea were playing European football in the 90s and early 2000s and winning trophies. I can't even remember where in the league Man City used to finish pre takeover, that's how irrelevant they were. 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

They weren't though. Abramovic took over a Chelsea team in the CL. Also, Chelsea were playing European football in the 90s and early 2000s and winning trophies. I can't even remember where in the league Man City used to finish pre takeover, that's how irrelevant they were. 

Man City had more league titles, more FA cups and had European trophy in the cabinet. They were definitely a worse club, certainly not smaller historically.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Two minutes into Soccer Saturday Merson mentioned Sanchez (Sancho) and Maximus (Saint-Maximin).

Fvcking hell.

He should have been moved on years ago. On top of all the bad takes he's had (Marco Silva to Hull was the worst one), his inability to pronounce simple names correctly is cringe.