Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

25 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

I am actually really happy for Ronaldo scoring. Just hope he doesn't do it against us

He will score every game if he keeps getting gifts like the Newcastle keeper did.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Lampard been fired has been bad for Chilwell, he was probably a Lampard signing.

Yes definitely,

One of the English lads.

I wonder if that COVID issue at the Euros hasn't helped?

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Is Chilwell injured or can he still not get a game? If that latter it’s a bit weird that a club can sign a left back for £50m and not play them.

He may have his dream move and a much larger pay packet but he never plays for Chelsea and was dropped from England too.  Maybe the grass isn't always greener Chilly!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The amount of grown men in ronaldo 7 clobber makes me piss 

Man United fans are pathetic anyway. Barely any in Manchester. Boring glory hunters who always give it the 'my dad's mum's sister's uncle is from Manchester' 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Man United fans are pathetic anyway. Barely any in Manchester. Boring glory hunters who always give it the 'my dad's mum's sister's uncle is from Manchester' 

This is such fallacy. There are a huge percentage of fans from Manchester. They are world famous and bound to have a lot of 'commuters' but if they are proper fans who have been going for years then fair enough.

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Nah that’s not true, I’ve never understood that theory, as if the locals of a city would for some reason shun the team on their doorstep winning trophies left right and centre for a team that’s spent most of their recent history before 2008 as a lower-mid table club.

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Is Chilwell injured or can he still not get a game? If that latter it’s a bit weird that a club can sign a left back for £50m and not play them.

Tuchel is a top manager and he can see chilwell for what he is. A player with ability but lacking a winning mentality and drive to succeed at the top.

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

He has been such a massive waste of money. Mad how these clubs can drop £50m on a sub lb

He wasn't bought as a 50m sub though was he? Makes me wonder if people actually watch football or not. He was brought in a 1st choice with Alonso back up. Alonso has started this season brilliantly so currently keeps Chilwell out the team. But yeah they have a multi billionaire bankrolling them so they will keep spending, they have done since he arrived just deal with it.

I love Ronaldo. I'm a huge fan, but he scored a simple tap in and a howler from the keeper. Surely they could have found a cheaper option. He is on astronomical wages + the team has to be catered towards him. 

43 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That Palace game felt like 2 middle fingers up to every person that loves defensive football. An absolute treat to see pathetic football embarrassed that way :D

20210911_142744.thumb.jpg.c414feebba1934cfb1215fa708db0de8.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, Koke said:

I love Ronaldo. I'm a huge fan, but he scored a simple tap in and a howler from the keeper. Surely they could have found a cheaper option. He is on astronomical wages + the team has to be catered towards him. 

shirt sales and sponsorship deals will probably cover a good chunk of it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

He wasn't bought as a 50m sub though was he? Makes me wonder if people actually watch football or not. He was brought in a 1st choice with Alonso back up. Alonso has started this season brilliantly so currently keeps Chilwell out the team. But yeah they have a multi billionaire bankrolling them so they will keep spending, they have done since he arrived just deal with it.

You got me man I don’t watch football 

The absolute state of some of these here. Rather have their phones out than celebrate a goal. I get Ronaldo has been one of the greatest ever players but the media frenzy has been way overboard. Its been rammed down everyone's throat like everyone cares. 99% of fans from the other 91 clubs could not give 2 fcks. A united fan I know said it would have been amazing for the Newcastle fans to experience this. Nah mate they couldn't give a fck, they just got pumped 4-1 and couldn't give 2 shits if it was Ronaldo or George Best that scored the goals. 

Screenshot_20210911-174721_Facebook.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

The absolute state of some of these here. Rather have their phones out than celebrate a goal. I get Ronaldo has been one of the greatest ever players but the media frenzy has been way overboard. Its been rammed down everyone's throat like everyone cares. 99% of fans from the other 91 clubs could not give 2 fcks. A united fan I know said it would have been amazing for the Newcastle fans to experience this. Nah mate they couldn't give a fck, they just got pumped 4-1 and couldn't give 2 shits if it was Ronaldo or George Best that scored the goals. 

Screenshot_20210911-174721_Facebook.jpg

Just can't agree at all. You don't care, that's fine, but don't assume everyone is like you. It's a pretty big deal in the sport we love. If you're a big football fan, it's a big deal, simple as that. He's one of the best ever, and it's bound to be all over the media. Any Newcastle fans there will remember the experience, it's sad but true. I will always remember the Bergkamp hat trick at filbert st, sometimes just appreciate the world doesnt revolve around Leicester.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

It is like a god has returned to them.

I have Utd supporting mates actually posting shit like this in all seriousness.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were pulling one or more off to him scoring on MOTD tonight

10 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Just can't agree at all. You don't care, that's fine, but don't assume everyone is like you. It's a pretty big deal in the sport we love. If you're a big football fan, it's a big deal, simple as that. He's one of the best ever, and it's bound to be all over the media. Any Newcastle fans there will remember the experience, it's sad but true. I will always remember the Bergkamp hat trick at filbert st, sometimes just appreciate the world doesnt revolve around Leicester.

No and it also doesn't revolve around one player and one team. Every news outlet and social media outlet has been in overdrive over it. There were many other teams that played today as well yet the media don't seem to care about that. Lukaku has been immense since returning to Chelsea, genuinely didn't even know he'd scored 2 today until I checked liveacores as its hardly been mentioned because its all about Ronaldo. I don't have anything against him and he's a ridiculously good player but the media coverage is way overboard.