Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Nah, totally different kind of challenge. Fer Nino came in from the side and scissored him. 

This was more from behind but far less malicious. 

Obviously no intent to injure, but still reckless and excessive force nonetheless. He's launched himself into the tackle and his weight has snapped Elliott's ankle. Getting the ball is irrelevant imho.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Obviously no intent to injure, but still reckless and excessive force nonetheless. He's launched himself into the tackle and his weight has snapped Elliott's ankle. Getting the ball is irrelevant imho.

Don't think it was reckless or excessive force either. 

Cooper did the exact same challenge on Mane and there was absolutely no issue. That's why I think it was just quite unfortunate that Elliott's ankle was where it was. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think this season's table is already taking shape. There appears an inevitably about it this early on. 

Yes I'm afraid I think you are right. This season will be like 2 separate leagues - the 4 Champions League teams battling for the title (let's face it they are miles ahead of the rest) & the other 16. We just have to hope we can get near the top of the rest, but I'm not confident

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Think Leeds are in for a tough old season

I can't believe they get so much praise. So much space. Any good side will pick them off. Matip took the ball half way up the pitch, it opened up for him, two or three times.

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's the top four sorted then. Such a shame we blew it twice when handed the opportunity almost on a plate.

The only reason I'm bothered by that is the extra £30-40m would have got us the right winger we so badly need. Other than that I genuinely couldn't give a toss. 4th or 5th. Yes playing in the CL is the pinnacle but I think the level of competition in the Europa League is superb as well and something I'm desperate for us to master.

• Like 4

Best wishes to Harvey Elliott. Looks like an excellent young player. Horrible seeing any player suffer an injury like that but seems somehow worse when it's really young players like Wes, JJ and Elliott on the receiving end.

• Like 4

Look at Pawson here:

Yet on the Sky comms they were told 'Pawson was always going to give red and VAR just confirmed that.

Pawson was happily letting play continue? He takes a few steps back and only blows his whistle when he sees Salah's reaction to the injury.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Look at Pawson here:

Yet on the Sky comms they were told 'Pawson was always going to give red and VAR just confirmed that.

Pawson was happily letting play continue? He takes a few steps back and only blows his whistle when he sees Salah's reaction to the injury.

Said the same, he wasn't even going to give a foul.