Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Look at Pawson here:

Yet on the Sky comms they were told 'Pawson was always going to give red and VAR just confirmed that.

Pawson was happily letting play continue? He takes a few steps back and only blows his whistle when he sees Salah's reaction to the injury.

Reminds me of the Leeds side of the 1970's, dirty bastards!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Look at Pawson here:

Yet on the Sky comms they were told 'Pawson was always going to give red and VAR just confirmed that.

Pawson was happily letting play continue? He takes a few steps back and only blows his whistle when he sees Salah's reaction to the injury.

I thought the same when Tyler said that! It looked like he wasn't even gonna blow for a foul never mind show a card.

Leeds fans booing as well when you can clearly see Salah's reaction.

Edited by Fox92

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Look at Pawson here:

Until players start receiving equivalent time off the field as the players they recklessly injure nothing will change.

It’s not a “horrible tackle” ffs, certainly not from that angle. In fact from the only angle we’ve seen it doesn’t look like a foul and it didn’t look like a foul from Pawson’s angle either given that he was just letting play continue before the severity of the injury became apparent.

It’s terrible Elliott got injured but judging tackles by their outcome is stupid when there are a multitude of factors outside the tackler’s control. The Son foul on Gomes a couple of years ago was a textbook example of the sort of thing that happens 1,000 times a season and results in an injury once in a blue moon.

It’s not a popular opinion in here but I’m not sure the tackle on Fofana was that bad either. Pointless? Yes. Needless? Yes. But a red card in a competitive fixture? Not for me.

Sky quite slow to turn the sound down on the ****ing Shit chants today.

Last year we barely seemed to go a minute without a commentator apologising for a player swearing but no mention when their own company is being slaughtered.

• Haha 1

Just now, ttfn said:

It’s not a “horrible tackle” ffs, certainly not from that angle. In fact from the only angle we’ve seen it doesn’t look like a foul and it didn’t look like a foul from Pawson’s angle either given that he was just letting play continue before the severity of the injury became apparent.

It’s terrible Elliott got injured but judging tackles by their outcome is stupid when there are a multitude of factors outside the tackler’s control. The Son foul on Gomes a couple of years ago was a textbook example of the sort of thing that happens 1,000 times a season and results in an injury once in a blue moon.

It’s not a popular opinion in here but I’m not sure the tackle on Fofana was that bad either. Pointless? Yes. Needless? Yes. But a red card in a competitive fixture? Not for me.

Half agree with you. I don't think Struijk did much wrong here either. However the Fer Nino tackle was a diabolical challenge. I was at the game and there had been a bit of niggle between the two all game. There is no doubt in my mind that Fer Nino went to put one in on Wes. Obviously I don't think he meant to cause that much damage but I believe 100% he intended to hurt Wes. You don't scissor someone unless your intention is to cause some damage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Surely you can’t get a red for the severity of an injury? That is such a stupid rule. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if it were overturned. Not even sure it’s a foul tbh, he’s so unlucky. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

25 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I agree with your overall point but you've given two poor examples. The Fofana take was a really ugly and unnecessary scissor, it definitely was that bad and was obviously a red in any Premier league game. 

The Son one was way worse than th coverage suggested. I thought he was let off the hook far too easily. 

Yeah, it could have happened twenty more times without injury and it was unlucky but it is niggly, petty, ugly revenge. It was complete cowardice, completely intentional and completely unsafe. 

And neither example was an attempt to win the ball, they were both revenge hits designed to attack the person. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I agree with your overall point but you've given two poor examples. The Fofana take was a really ugly and unnecessary scissor, it definitely was that bad and was obviously a red in any Premier league game. 

The Son one was way worse than th coverage suggested. I thought he was let off the hook far too easily. 

Yeah, it could have happened twenty more times without injury and it was unlucky but it is niggly, petty, ugly revenge. It was complete cowardice, completely intentional and completely unsafe. 

And neither example was an attempt to win the ball, they were both revenge hits designed to attack the person. 

I think you’re right about the intent of both examples and they were both shitty things to do. But the intent was obviously not to give either player a broken leg and in the case of the Son one in particular I’m pretty confident we won’t see another leg break like that for the next 50 years. Son and the Villarreal guy were pathetic (and the subsequent praise of Son for his crocodile tears was nauseating), but I think you see hundreds of fouls like even the Fofana one without serious injury. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Look at Pawson here:

Seems its a red because a Liverpool player got an injury.  Not because of it been wreckless play.  Red card to avoid a pro Liverpool press backlash.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's the top four sorted then. Such a shame we blew it twice when handed the opportunity almost on a plate.

Yeah we could have had 2 seasons of champions league experience (money) under our belt giving us funds and influence to sign the players we need to kick on.

:frusty::mad:

• Like 1

Leeds won't go down as I've heard some people say today. I found pre-season predictions for them to finish in the European places to be silly too. They're far to open to yield the number of points required for that. I think they'll finish between 11th - 14th this season. 

• Like 1