Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

50 minutes ago, Rain King said:

28/29.

Missed number 24. Just couldn't think. Was convinced it was Van Nistelrooy and I was spelling it wrong.

This one wasn't bad but I usually use half the time allocated trying to spell the names of the players like Van Nistelrooy et al 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

How many of the 100 goal club can you get?

Got 27/29

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58538214

Spent about half of the 5 minutes trying different spellings of Andy Carroll then had to look him up. 54 Premier League goals in 15 years. £50m in transfers in that time too lol 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

This one wasn't bad but I usually use half the time allocated trying to spell the names of the players like Van Nistelrooy et al 🤣

Yes - had to check it up !

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Spent about half of the 5 minutes trying different spellings of Andy Carroll then had to look him up. 54 Premier League goals in 15 years. £50m in transfers in that time too lol 

A case of what could have been I guess ?

14 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Half agree with you. I don't think Struijk did much wrong here either. However the Fer Nino tackle was a diabolical challenge. I was at the game and there had been a bit of niggle between the two all game. There is no doubt in my mind that Fer Nino went to put one in on Wes. Obviously I don't think he meant to cause that much damage but I believe 100% he intended to hurt Wes. You don't scissor someone unless your intention is to cause some damage.

Fer Nino and little Wes have got history and apparently this was a revenge tackle from when they were both playing for their respective national sides.  Little Wes, injured Fer Nino and he had  to have a spell on the sdelines because of it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

Lee Grant plays for man utd...lol wtf

Lee Grant is at Man Utd for 2 reasons. To play the role Jakupovic does here, an older Keeper who can sit on the bench when Ward plays that means we can loan our younger keepers out and play the ones we keep in the under 23's. Grant also fills a homegrown slot in the squad without actually signing a player you might have play to fill it. 

On 11/09/2021 at 19:00, Unabomber said:

He has been such a massive waste of money. Mad how these clubs can drop £50m on a sub lb

He was initially given an extended holiday same as the rest of the England players. But then Alonso, who didn't go to the euros and was present for preseason from day one, started the season on fire and Tuchel seems hesitant to change it. Chilwell is still, I think the number one in that position and he'll eventually get his place back.

10 hours ago, Koke said:

It's funny but it just shows the professionalism CR7 brings to the the club  even without saying a wird. He leads by example and the rest follow. 

Bunch of sheep. My bet is if Vardy was there he'd have the Crumble. The sycophantism around Ronaldo does my brain in. Friday morning radio people debating why we still have the Saturday 3pm blackout all because Ronaldo's first game wasn't going to be broadcast in this country. Ferdinand must have cum a little in his pants when he heard Ronaldo had signed for ManU again. A country searching to find out how we can pay health care for the elderly when Ronaldo gets paid close to half a million quid a week says something about the state of the world. At least we can tax the cr*p out of him... except we won't. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

True though.

Would've Messi have been a success in different leagues if he had eved decided to move earlier on in his career (like Ronaldo proved to be)?

Edit: My question here firmly depends on how he does with PSG this season..

Edited by Wymsey