Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 minutes ago, Fizo said:

I think Rodgers can learn something from Rafa. Even when they equalised, he was not afraid to change it. 

Don't necessarily disagree with you here but I think Everton were somewhat assisted by statueque defending for the first, Ben Mee's horrific ball out of defence for the second and then the general implosion from Burnley. They've gone to pieces since taking the lead. Everton have taken their chances though. 

Edited by Tielemans63

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

in 8 seasons he started around 50 games.. I think my point still stands

He didn’t play for us for 8 seasons.

It felt like it though.

Everton won’t finish top 6 either, their start has been ridiculously easy.

Southampton, Leeds, Brighton, Burnley is last season’s 15th, 9th, 16th and 17th. 10 points from that lot is pretty much par for the course especially as Southampton have been significantly weakened and Leeds look a shadow of the side they were last season.

Let’s not forget they had a similar start last season.

Top 4 is a pipe dream this season but we should still be aiming for top 6. Absolutely no excuses for not finishing above Everton. 

Just now, Bert said:

I wonder if someone can find the longest run of starts he had under us? There’s never been a doubt about his talent it  was being able to do it consistently. By his own admission he could’ve done more here but he also said when he did more he wasn’t getting chances. Too many people on here think he had a massive attitude problem when that’s all just conjecture. I really wanted him to do well here but for some people it just doesn’t work out at certain clubs. I’m pleased for him he’s started the season well and scoring goals. Often felt sorry for him the stick he got from our fans. He’s gonna get booed like mad down here and I can’t actually see a real reason why. 

If he’d scored 3 in 4 he’d have kept playing. But he was invariably shit, so he didn't.

You can argue he’s not been given Perez like chances. But he had plenty of opportunities to do something with his career and seemingly by his own admission his attitude wasn’t right.

• Like 3