Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

15 Premier League defeats in a row for Norwich. Absolute joke they are really. The so called hard start has papered over their cracks. They lost to us and Arsenal who've both been average at best so far and that result earlier compounds it. They're a cert to drop again.

Thought that Man City penalty overturn earlier was absolutely scandalous. It's so obviously a penalty.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BirminghamFox said:

I watched some of the Arsenal game and Burnley were all over them 

10 hours ago, surrifox said:

In the second half 

I watched the full game. Arsenal were dominated and apart from the quality free kick created nothing. Really deserved to lose. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

15 Premier League defeats in a row for Norwich. Absolute joke they are really. The so called hard start has papered over their cracks. They lost to us and Arsenal who've both been average at best so far and that result earlier compounds it. They're a cert to drop again.

Thought that Man City penalty overturn earlier was absolutely scandalous. It's so obviously a penalty.

Same with the Arsenal one... I watched it so many times and just couldnt see Ramsdale get a touch on it. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Really? It's as clear as anything the touch. VAR worked perfectly for that incident. 

Oh really? I just watched the highlights online and I couldnt spot it. I was wondering why there wasnt more of an uproar about it. I guess I wasnt being shown the right angles. 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Oh really? I just watched the highlights online and I couldnt spot it. I was wondering why there wasnt more of an uproar about it. I guess I wasnt being shown the right angles. 

I watched the match live on TV in China and they showed it about 10 times, at the right angles it is really clear. Ramsdale doesn't really even make contact with the player. He touches the ball at the same time as the Burnley player which sends the Burnley player flying. 

• Like 1

How was Southampton’s penalty overturned??? And ppl say big clubs don’t get decisions for them.

If that’s the other way around no chance does it get overturned. Just like the Man U goal against Wolves where Pogba should have seen a red but at the very least have the goal chalked off for a free kick.

Crap soft officials.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sishades said:

Does anyone else think that we compare poorly to other clubs, I refer particularly to our slow build ups and tippy tapping at the back.?

I think I have phrased this wrongly. As a club I do not think there is any better, the owners have been nothing short of world class . They genuinely care about the city and its people. And long may it continue. I was really only referring to the playing style. I asked this because I watched the Villa and Brentord matches yesterday and both games seemed to be played at a faster tempo. It has been mentioned that we have been average this season, to which i agree.I do think that we play at a slower pace to others, but am I being blinded by the fact that I have a vested interest in LCFC and am thus more biased in the way I watch. Thoughts?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

How was Southampton’s penalty overturned??? And ppl say big clubs don’t get decisions for them.

If that’s the other way around no chance does it get overturned. Just like the Man U goal against Wolves where Pogba should have seen a red but at the very least have the goal chalked off for a free kick.

Crap soft officials.

That’s the worst example of re refereeing that you’re going to see. Everything that’s wrong with VAR summed up there. I’m sure they will use that for ref training in the future. 

the correct use of var would have been to change walkers red to a yellow because he was making an attempt to get to the ball (hence no double jeopardy) and no reversal of the decision because there is no clear and obvious error in the award. 

1 hour ago, sishades said:

I asked this because I watched the Villa and Brentord matches yesterday and both games seemed to be played at a faster tempo. It has been mentioned that we have been average this season, to which i agree.I do think that we play at a slower pace to others, but am I being blinded by the fact that I have a vested interest in LCFC and am thus more biased in the way I watch. Thoughts?

I'm inclined to agree. Comparatively, we do lack tempo.

Obviously, I don't know whether that's the plan though. You hear the phrase 'through the gears', maybe BR wants us to play at a variable tempo (to control the game, and protect the players) but we're always stuck in 1st.

I have mentioned elsewhere though that I think we are seeing a change in style generally. The Man City possession based model has shown to be beatable, and by teams of lesser technical ability. I think we're seeing  a move towards a more 'full throttle' game; where pace, power and simple in your face agressive pressing is being used to overcome the pure tikki-takka stuff (I'm talking in very broad terms BTW)

I think Liverpool started it (in the UK) seasons ago and you've seen teams like West Ham since do similar. I'm interested to see how Chelsea get on this season because I think they may be refining that model again.

It is a model that requires supreme player fitness, teamwork AND, perhaps more importantly, a good squad as it relies on squad rotation.

I think back to that Slavia Prague game and we got turned over by a team 100% committed to pace and aggression, and their full use of the sub's bench. We'd no answer, and we still don't.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Really? It's as clear as anything the touch. VAR worked perfectly for that incident. 

Even Dyche admitted so.

The Man City one was strange - not a really clear and obvious error in the first place.

So not sure why it was completely changed?

Norwich just couldn’t contain Sarr and King - they had a few chances but look so vulnerable and leaky at the back.

35 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

I'm inclined to agree. Comparatively, we do lack tempo.

Obviously, I don't know whether that's the plan though. You hear the phrase 'through the gears', maybe BR wants us to play at a variable tempo (to control the game, and protect the players) but we're always stuck in 1st.

I have mentioned elsewhere though that I think we are seeing a change in style generally. The Man City possession based model has shown to be beatable, and by teams of lesser technical ability. I think we're seeing  a move towards a more 'full throttle' game; where pace, power and simple in your face agressive pressing is being used to overcome the pure tikki-takka stuff (I'm talking in very broad terms BTW)

I think Liverpool started it (in the UK) seasons ago and you've seen teams like West Ham since do similar. I'm interested to see how Chelsea get on this season because I think they may be refining that model again.

It is a model that requires supreme player fitness, teamwork AND, perhaps more importantly, a good squad as it relies on squad rotation.

I think back to that Slavia Prague game and we got turned over by a team 100% committed to pace and aggression, and their full use of the sub's bench. We'd no answer, and we still don't.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2257518/matchday-with-the-manager--highlighting-areas-to-improve-on/featured

While displaying promising signs in many of those outings, Rodgers knows Leicester can unlock a different level to their game, one which includes greater retention of the ball and a slicker passing style in the final third. The Northern Irishman now wants to see that develop in Brighton on Sunday.

"We’ve had a solid start," he told the media this week. "We’ve obviously had two good wins and the West Ham game was disappointing. We were down to 10 men, but we still weren’t at the level and then, against Man City, we were competitive in the game right until the very end.

"Some of the fixtures we’ve had were tough, but we’ll look to be better as we go on. There’s no doubt we need to improve and that’s something I’m very confident we’ll do throughout the remainder of the season. We’ve got to be better defensively in our pressing. We’ve got to be more consistent with it.

"That’s something that we need to improve on. Like against Napoli, we can be better with the ball. As we develop as a team, there’s spells where we are good in the game, but we have to have the ball for longer periods.

The Foxes played out a thrilling 2-2 draw with Italian outfit Napoli on Filbert Way on Thursday.

"That’s the style we’ve brought into here, to try and dominate the game and be proactive in the game and do that for longer periods. We’ve seen that in the goals we’ve scored and in some other good moments, but we have to be much better and cleaner with our passing.

"The players are magnificent in terms of their attitude and mentality. They’ll always be in the game fighting, running, working, doing all the unglorified stuff which they do and we’ve seen that. We have to be better with the ball.

"Especially if you play games like we did against Napoli, then you need to have a higher technical level to compete at that level. It’s still so early. Everyone will assess it after 10 games and see where it’s at. You’re still trying to get your rhythm and get your players up to a level of fitness.

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Jimmy Greaves died aged 81.

RIP.

A real footballing legend.

Both on and off the pitch.

Put it in the Deathlist thread, and mentioned its two of his former clubs playing later, Spurs and Chelsea. I'm sure he'll be honoured by both clubs and both sets of fans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Jimmy Greaves died aged 81.

RIP.

A real footballing legend.

Both on and off the pitch.

He’ll always be one half of ‘Saint and Greavesy’ to me. Literally my first insight into football.

But his scoring stats are just ridiculous, his worth today would be massive!

• Like 2