Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I think Man U, despite their manager, will be competing for the title because they have too many good individual players capable of brilliance.

Chelsea and Liverpool look the most impressive, but the latter have a relatively thin squad and could get stretched as the season goes on. 

Man City have actually been better than the results suggest, expect them to get even stronger with Foden and De Bruyne back. 

Looks very much like top 4 is a closed shop this season. 

It's becoming clear the Ole has no class whatsoever. Or maybe he just thinks that claiming every penalty decision was a stone waller is the best way to copy SAF. 

The second Ronaldo penalty claim was not a stone waller. In fact it should have been a yellow for simulation. And what about the Wan Bissaka challenge? Now that's a stone waller. 

Brendan, for all his flaws, at least is prepared to give nuanced responses to journalists when asked. He admits he can understand the first Barnes offside decision even if he feels it's a little harsh. Ole would have claimed both should have been goals without even thinking about it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think with the signing of Lukaku plenty of people, myself included, now think they are genuine title contenders.

The worrying thing is that I don't think they've even hit their top gear.

Without Lukaku they were Contenders anyway the second best team only 7 points off Man City over 20 games conceding 13 in the final half of the season under Tunchel.

Not to mention winning the Champions League.

12 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's becoming clear the Ole has no class whatsoever. Or maybe he just thinks that claiming every penalty decision was a stone waller is the best way to copy SAF. 

The second Ronaldo penalty claim was not a stone waller. In fact it should have been a yellow for simulation. And what about the Wan Bissaka challenge? Now that's a stone waller. 

Brendan, for all his flaws, at least is prepared to give nuanced responses to journalists when asked. He admits he can understand the first Barnes offside decision even if he feels it's a little harsh. Ole would have claimed both should have been goals without even thinking about it.

That Wan Bissaka challenge would have been hilarious enough had it just not been given, but to give it Man Utd’s way was pure pantomime villainy from the ref. Agree on Ole, may as well interview a fan after the game tbh.

• Like 1

The standard of referring was appalling in our game vs Brighton and West Ham vs Man Utd. For the huge amount of money in the league, the quality of officiating is criminal. 

Beginning to suspect the new 'leniency' policy has an ulterior motive to help VAR back the referees more, who are now under more pressure to give decisions to the home sides with fans back in the ground. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Without Lukaku they were Contenders anyway the second best team only 7 points off Man City over 20 games conceding 13 in the final half of the season under Tunchel.

Not to mention winning the Champions League.

I don't think they'd have got close again with Werner as their striker though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

The standard of referring was appalling in our game vs Brighton and West Ham vs Man Utd. For the huge amount of money in the league, the quality of officiating is criminal. 

Beginning to suspect the new 'leniency' policy has an ulterior motive to help VAR back the referees more, who are now under more pressure to give decisions to the home sides with fans back in the ground. 

Or the big six ….

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Md9 said:

Spurs fans moaning about nuno like they haven’t been crap for the last 5 years anyway

I understand there is a weird over the top dislike for them but they clearly haven’t been crap for the last 5 years have they, they got to a champions league final for a start lol 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drumbeat said:

Yep. I'm going to bore people with this, I know, but I reckon they're the champions in wait. And I know we're only x games in.

Since last season & with the Threat of buying Lukaku..

They have been my favourites....

I Dont see Man.city near the Top 2 come EOS. 

L'pool & Manutd in any order are Top 3...

5th-6th..wide open..

Though I did post/predict before FA.cup final

Leicester will start below expectations -average, and start to come Good after November-December...

Wolves ,Norwich, will struggle

A.Villa,Everton,WHam,Spurs and an unknown, our competitors for Top 4-8, with many twists and turns

I fancy Spurs to have One of their better seasons..

Arsenal, still have Good games in them, but on present squad Performance levels cant see them Touching Top 8

Leeds will Not touch Top 7,unless a couple of their top players go up another notch...

Brighton were always going to be my Surprise packet...

# If they could stay reasonably injury free ( Like our title year) Top 8-5th is in..

# Any awkward injuries to Top performers,their First Games before December will see them through to EOS anywhere between 12-7th.

Southampton..get their Top Performers through the season,they can upset any predictions

Brentford...I Dont see them being Relegation candidates...I See anything from 16-10th

Newcastle & C.Palace,Burnley, quite honestly I have no idea, any One could pull out a decent season 12-10th, 

but I See all 3  anywhere between 19-13th.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Just heard Ole on about their pen shouts, what is he on about? Ronaldo went down before the contact both times, he was lucky to not be booked twice for diving. The AWB one is a stone wall pen yet Man U get the free kick wtf.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Just heard Ole on about their pen shouts, what is he on about? Ronaldo went down before the contact both times, he was lucky to not be booked twice for diving. The AWB one is a stone wall pen yet Man U get the free kick wtf.

Alan Shearer thought they should have had one at least on MOTD.

But as you say so should have had West Ham .

16 hours ago, nabb7 said:

That Wan Bissaka challenge would have been hilarious enough had it just not been given, but to give it Man Utd’s way was pure pantomime villainy from the ref. Agree on Ole, may as well interview a fan after the game tbh.

Sir Alex probably has a quick word telling  him what to say!

OGS was the same after their 2 previous away games .

According to him Fernandes was fouled but Pogba made a fair clean tackle v Wolves !

I mean yes managers probably do have to back players such is their power these days but it doesn’t have to be so blatant and bias . 

21 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think with the signing of Lukaku plenty of people, myself included, now think they are genuine title contenders.

The worrying thing is that I don't think they've even hit their top gear.

Lukaku on his own probably had 3 xA yesterday, the likes of Werner and Kovacic just couldn't finish what he put on a plate.

If they do have another gear, it's lights out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TK95 said:

The Australian ref can't be any worse than the English ones lol

Will let you know !

Steve Bruce has been complaining  that Newcastle have been hard done by with decisions so far .

He did a couple of our Championship games last season .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

I’m sure it’s already been covered but why are there 2 12:30 games this Saturday? 

Man U moved to 1230 because there’s a Courtneers gig at the cricket ground which starts at 1730

Makes mockery that potentially England v India test match was going to be on the same time as Man U v Newcastle 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Man U moved to 1230 because there’s a Courtneers gig at the cricket ground which starts at 1730

Makes mockery that potentially England v India test match was going to be on the same time as Man U v Newcastle 

Probably because it'll drown out their atmosphere lol