Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

We play Arsenal at that kick off time in October to. Very random.

A 12.30pm game on a Saturday is normal though? It's a standard TV slot (BT Sport). 

It's only odd this weekend because of the Courteeners gig someone mentioned above. 

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I know this is by a Liverpool fan about Liverpool fans, but all the clubs have them I am sure, christ, depressing or perhaps I am just out of touch   :dunno:

https://dean-magazine.ghost.io/the-cold-dead-world-of-the-extremely-online-liverpool-fan/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Good read and some interesting points.

The point about the odd Liverpool fan slating the Scouse accent is one I wasnt aware of and truly bizarre.

Marcos alonso has decided not to take the knee anymore and will point to the anti racism badge on his shirt

he says the gesture is losing its strength 

he says he hasn’t discussed this with his team mates

whatever players decide to do, it should be a group call and they should all stand together. Those who suffer from racism should be front and centre of the direction of travel.  Players who take singular action which is not in line with the rest of their fellow pros will reduce the affect of the gesture where it’s probably needed most. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Marcos alonso has decided not to take the knee anymore and will point to the anti racism badge on his shirt

he says the gesture is losing its strength 

he says he hasn’t discussed this with his team mates

whatever players decide to do, it should be a group call and they should all stand together. Those who suffer from racism should be front and centre of the direction of travel.  Players who take singular action which is not in line with the rest of their fellow pros will reduce the affect of the gesture where it’s probably needed most. 

Disagree...You concentrate on a gesture..in a free-speach & action providing nation ...

I am for taking the knee until at least 

Through all UK Gov. establishments & Hobby/pastimes organisations & where there is no longer a drop of Racist innuendo,

implication actions ,institutional collectiveness is stamped out...Plus no plastic statements to excuse the obvious..

UK-govt, Imperialist,so called democracy,& monarch-thought & 

Institutional action & statements have covered over 500yrs...

Bozos, impatiant-bores, under the table-racist, can live through,forced to accept under pressure,until that day comes

whether that takes 5,10 or 100 more years,where at least institutional-racism, is not even thought to be on

Govt,individial-organisations agenda or even a back of the mind thought..

Individuals ignorance or lack of intellect can't be controlled..ignoramiouses, & bigots will always drift through society..

So even if knees get sore,badges get worn-out & fist-pumps become tired.

Then TTK should or can never be questioned...

Plus also the allowed to be brainwashed opposing "organisations"

Should get off their pedastals & high horses & recognise 

Oriental on oriental,black on Black,

African nation on African nation,

West Indian on West Indian

Tribe on tribe, nation on nation, Islanders on Islanders, Caste on Caste

Have their own diabolical racist or discriminatory platforms,some going back 1000yrs of years,plus religious/belief & secteryism..

European colonialism were not the first,

Many now forgotten African/Asian/Persian/Indian tribes &

so called ( at the time) Civilised colonial empires had their slaves upon 10000s and their racist dominant ideologies .Some stood above it,many

Revelled in it...The more recent more modern, easily recognisable documented point of history, can't be allowed to hide or be boxed & pushed into convenient-amnesial pidgeon-hole.

Hypocrosy is what helps to keep all discrimination on a role and both despots,dictators ,balanced or bad politicians ,ideologists,victimists know

how to keep a small pub-talk spark alive...

As a white Anglo-Saxon-Norman, I want this on the strength of black racially abused fact, in taking the knee, to keep going...until the day comes when I or relation hugs a black/coloured friend /girlfriend in friendship or loving care,

When no passer-by, would have an inkling of any negative passing-thought & only a pleasant glow of witnessing 

2 humans welcoming or practicing emotionally/friendly their routine good byes & farewells

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/watch-what-its-referee-a-hyundai-a-league-game

A bit of an insight here, I’d love the mics to be on every game. Generally a pretty decent referee, will be a massive step up in terms of the pace of the game, but I think he will fast become one of the best refs in the league - just to be clear we are not friends and nor do I have any association with this ref!

That was the coolest ref I've ever seen, hope, loved the way he explained his decision to the players

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I know this is by a Liverpool fan about Liverpool fans, but all the clubs have them I am sure, christ, depressing or perhaps I am just out of touch   :dunno:

https://dean-magazine.ghost.io/the-cold-dead-world-of-the-extremely-online-liverpool-fan/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A really interesting read, thanks for posting.

And it's made me rethink some of the assumptions I didn't realise I had. I claim ignorance of social media as my excuse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

That was the coolest ref I've ever seen, hope, loved the way he explained his decision to the players

Ditto. The constant commentary was brilliant. I'd love to see/hear it in the Prem, even at the risk of hearing some fruity language.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

A really interesting read, thanks for posting.

And it's made me rethink some of the assumptions I didn't realise I had. I claim ignorance of social media as my excuse.

Tend to agree. Found myself either red with annoyance  or red with embarrasment reading that  lol

On 20/09/2021 at 16:07, Dahnsouff said:

People are getting into football is vastly different ways now. Not sure how old you are but you are probably of a generation where going to matches, seeing the team, going with parents/ grandparents/ mates was the main thing about football. Now, for many and for many reasons, it exists on TV, social media and there's no real connection to the clubs. Look at the amount of fans who follow players instead of teams now.

Let's be honest, we're all guilty of some of the issues raised but to a lesser level. It's the instant gratification, getting one over a rival mentality. More bothered about signing players regardless of how they fit in. Difference is that we didn't choose this club because they were big on social media. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

People are getting into football is vastly different ways now. Not sure how old you are but you are probably of a generation where going to matches, seeing the team, going with parents/ grandparents/ mates was the main thing about football. Now, for many and for many reasons, it exists on TV, social media and there's no real connection to the clubs. Look at the amount of fans who follow players instead of teams now.

Let's be honest, we're all guilty of some of the issues raised but to a lesser level. It's the instant gratification, getting one over a rival mentality. More bothered about signing players regardless of how they fit in. Difference is that we didn't choose this club because they were big on social media. 

For sure, I am certainly guilty in part of some of these behaviours. The increased exposure and fashion of football opens the door to fans who previously could not be bothered with the stereotypical Cold Tuesday at Stoke, but this is now no longer necessary, people are now free to consume football as they like, as with any other product. It is neither bad nor  good, just different.

Not this season but next the Villa Chairman has just come out and confirmed that domestic football will stop from 13th November until Boxing Day for the World Cup. 

Have no idea how they intend to catch up 5 weeks worth of games through the season. 

Edited by goose2010

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Not this season but next the Villa Chairman has just come out and confirmed that domestic football will stop from 13th November until Boxing Day for the World Cup. 

Have no idea how they intend to catch up 5 weeks worth of games through the season. 

that time period sees us play 7 games this year 

The season will probably start at the beginning of august (maybe last week July) and finish at the end of may. The CL and uefa finals will be around 8th/10th Jun.  There will be no free weeks at all for those clubs in European football and going all the way in domestic cups. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

that time period sees us play 7 games this year 

The season will probably start at the beginning of august (maybe last week July) and finish at the end of may. The CL and uefa finals will be around 8th/10th Jun.  There will be no free weeks at all for those clubs in European football and going all the way in domestic cups. 

It's going to be a very tough season for fans and players. The players that go the world cup will be dead on their feet. 

Vardy if he is still playing will love the 5 weeks off !