Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

On 20/09/2021 at 16:07, Dahnsouff said:

I know this is by a Liverpool fan about Liverpool fans, but all the clubs have them I am sure, christ, depressing or perhaps I am just out of touch   :dunno:

https://dean-magazine.ghost.io/the-cold-dead-world-of-the-extremely-online-liverpool-fan/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

That's one of the most interesting articles I've read about the state of the modern game and the obsession with transfers that we're pretty much all guilty of. 

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

Most of the coverage about football nowadays seems to be around transfers, managers, referee decisions etc. Very little of it seems to be around the players skills now which is ultimately what makes football great, not all the other stuff around it. Anytime someone does anything good one of the commentators just uses it as a springboard to suggest that they could be on the move. Everyone wants to be an expert now and not a fan it seems. I think that is why I enjoy watching random teams at the euro's and the world cup so much because a lot of that stuff fades to the background a bit more.

I’ve mentioned this before pre-saturation tv coverage we used to spend most of our post match talk reliving all the goals and clever football now after we’ve seen multi replays discussions like you said focus on refs, managers and the many pointless stats they churn out during and after the game. 

Most good play is only remembered about those that are performed by rich 6 teams and their players. After all I’m sure Rooney is the only player ever to score with an overhead kick well that’s the one they always show or mention every time someone else tries or manages one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

That’s nothing to do with the point they were making though.

They said "James Maddison would get slandered for these stats". I'm pointing out that Maddison's are actually worse.

Edited by AKCJ

10 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Super Sunday snooze-fest

Southampton vs Wolves 

Arsenal vs Spurs 

Would be surprised to see more than one goal across the two games combined.

North London Derby is the best derby in the league to watch as a neutral for me. There's usually goals in it. Over the PL years it's produced 4-2, 5-2, 3-3, 2-3, 3-4, 4-4, 4-5..

Proper derby too. Local and fierce. One of the best derbies in the Country.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Does Pep try to be too clever at times? Jesus might not be a top class striker, but he's the best they have in squad right now. Since the loss of Aguero, I thought he'd be the main striker this season, with Torres (essentially a winger), Sterling (winger too) and youth players backing him up. He seems to be starting anyone else but Jesus as the main striker and sticking him on the wing, (and we all know he's terrible at crosses). I think the lack of an out and put striker, or the refusal to use one will be what costs them the title this year.

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Chelsea are a genuine shit stain on the premier league in so many ways 

And the worst of them all is Rudiger. Genuinely wouldn’t feel unmoved if he suddenly couldn’t play ever again. Absolute thug.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

And the worst of them all is Rudiger. Genuinely wouldn’t feel unmoved if he suddenly couldn’t play ever again. Absolute thug.

I see reports of a big move to Bayern or Juventus to be on 400k a week, are they seeing something I’m missing he’s no where near that category of player that’s Ronaldo, Messi territory where as I look at him and see Shawcross?

23 minutes ago, KFS said:

Chelsea are a genuine shit stain on the premier league in so many ways 

I used to feel this way. But it was shaken by the sight of Chelsea fans forcing their club to back away from the Superleague shenanigans. I really didn't expect opposition from that particular quarter.