Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Anyone able to tell me why Villa goal stood againt Man U and our two against Brighton did'nt?

Conspiracy, they don't want us challenging for the top places.

Oh...it was a goal against Man Utd? That opinion doesn't really hold true then does it.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Conspiracy, they don't want us challenging for the top places.

Oh...it was a goal against Man Utd? That opinion doesn't really hold true then does it.

No conspiracy.

Just a case of inconsistent application of the laws of the game.

Don't have a issue with ours not being goals as long as it the same across the board.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No conspiracy.

Just a case of inconsistent application of the laws of the game.

Don't have a issue with ours not being goals as long as it the same across the board.

Not saying you personally believe that just going off comments I seen last week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Anyone able to tell me why Villa goal stood againt Man U and our two against Brighton did'nt?

I’ve just watched this and thought the same thing, if anything this was a goal you couldn’t argue if it was chalked off.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not saying you personally believe that just going off comments I seen last week.

I just think the level of referring in England is pretty low at moment and has been for a while.

It's not a conspiracy just general incompetence and a poor standard of referees.

VAR isn't going to sort anything as the same referees are in control of it.

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Different people making different decisions. Easy as that really.

I've always said if you take a shit ref and put him behind a screen (VAR), he's still gonna be shit (and influencing the game).

VAR is shit but I don't know why people talk as if the referee's behind VAR aren't the issue.

• Like 4

Also, this might be a bit left field but I thought there was a case for Antonio being sent off for their disallowed goal. He practically punches Meslier in the face but if it was two outfield players it probably would have been more of an incident.

I don't hugely like the arselicking Brentford get sometimes, but the way they've approached games really is good to watch. When you compare them to the time wasters we played today I really hope we see teams like Brentford rewarded for having a go.

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I don't hugely like the arselicking Brentford get sometimes, but the way they've approached games really is good to watch. When you compare them to the time wasters we played today I really hope we see teams like Brentford rewarded for having a go.

For me they seem very adaptable. Manager gets a new game plan every game. They absolute shithoused Wolves 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

For me they seem very adaptable. Manager gets a new game plan every game. They absolute shithoused Wolves 

And they haven’t had a free week ahead of liverpool to plan in detail 

Frank has a whiff of arrogance about him aswell ……I guess top quality  managers probably need that ….

There are plenty who don't like Guardiola's style of play. Boring passing for passing sake they say. When they get it right though, they look unstoppable. They handed Chelsea their arses yesterday on their own pitch, absolutely dominated them and should have won by a few. Tuchel actually had the grace to almost say as much, post match, without actually saying it literally.

Bernardo Silva is an under-rated player for Man City. He was very good when they won the title three years ago with over 100 points, then largely had a poor season when Liverpool strolled it. Back to his best again last season and they win it again, great player who glues their game plan together when he's playing well.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

There are plenty who don't like Guardiola's style of play. Boring passing for passing sake they say. When they get it right though, they look unstoppable. They handed Chelsea their arses yesterday on their own pitch, absolutely dominated them and should have won by a few. Tuchel actually had the grace to almost say as much, post match, without actually saying it literally.

Bernardo Silva is an under-rated player for Man City. He was very good when they won the title three years ago with over 100 points, then largely had a poor season when Liverpool strolled it. Back to his best again last season and they win it again, great player who glues their game plan together when he's playing well.

I always felt Man City will still win the league, even without a striker. They're too good. I still think them and Liverpool are ahead of Chelsea.

Not even giving Man Utd the time of day, they're nowhere near those three.

Just now, Fox92 said:

I always felt Man City will still win the league, even without a striker. They're too good. I still think them and Liverpool are ahead of Chelsea.

Not even giving Man Utd the time of day, they're nowhere near those three.

Agreed. Pep really blew it in the Champions League final, they are streets ahead of Chelsea, despite recent results against them.

Salah keeps Liverpool in the hunt, his numbers (and influence) in games is consistently remarkable. Don't care much for his propensity to go down easily, but he's a genuinely great player, if a little greedy.

Man U are where Liverpool were 10 years ago, not at the races in terms of quality, vision or manager. Can't see Chelsea troubling the top two either.

• Like 2

6 games in and it's still too early to say yet. We might have a season where the big boys take points off each other. 

Man United, though, are not in it - for me. I do actually appreciate them because if you look there's youth and academy players in the team - I will always respect a club that does that. But they're also not working in any consistent way. 

West Ham, Brighton, Brentford - they may not have the players but there's consistency to their play. Plus seeing different faces breaking the top 6/7 is great.

Just remember - we did it before it was cool.