Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Is it just me who feels sorry for him? It was clear that Levy simply refused to sell him and whilst I get that he has a contractual obligation - a player like him should win everything.

Well Harry obviously feels sorry for himself lol  punishing his own club

Just now, davieG said:

As it stands if Palace beat Brighton we'll be down in 14th. When was the last time we were that low?

Probably under Shakespeare. I think Puel had us 9th to 12th. 

4 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Is it just me who feels sorry for him? It was clear that Levy simply refused to sell him and whilst I get that he has a contractual obligation - a player like him should win everything.

I certainly don't. He agreed to a new long contract on a shed load of £££ and no buy out clause. As much as I don't like Levy, he's sticking to his guns that unless someone offers their valuation they're not selling. And no one did. Kane didn't submit a transfer request so he's still there. End of for me. 

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

I certainly don't. He agreed to a new long contract on a shed load of £££ and no buy out clause. As much as I don't like Levy, he's sticking to his guns that unless someone offers their valuation they're not selling. And no one did. Kane didn't submit a transfer request so he's still there. End of for me. 

Well yeah, but my suspicion would be that they simply did not allow a buy out clause because he is invaluable to Spurs. 

I would also imagine that Levy probably promised to invest in the squad (which hasn’t been fulfilled). I think it’s far more complex than Kane being attracted to a big contract, he is far too smart for that and strikes me as a player who is more bothered about winning trophies.

Just now, Nod.E said:

Nuno is a fraud. No idea why Spurs went in for him. Okay so he got Wolves promoted but they played dull, negative football in the Prem.

Mid-table fodder this year.

They offered the job to everyone else and they all said no. I don't think they chose Nuno I think Nuno was the only qualified manager willing.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Nuno is a fraud. No idea why Spurs went in for him. Okay so he got Wolves promoted but they played dull, negative football in the Prem.

Mid-table fodder this year.

He was the only one who'd take it