Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest StevieLynex
15 minutes ago, KingsX said:

This Spurs team could do in Nuno's reputation as a defensive coach.

He’ll be gone soon, to be replaced by BR. He will sign Cags for £100m and Vestegaard for £50m to sort out the defence, with Kane coming the other way. Almost forgot, straight swap- Perez for Son

Guest StevieLynex
18 minutes ago, KFS said:

No

0-3. Harry Winks out jumps Vestegaard to score the third

Edited by StevieLynex

Love NLD. Either none of them gets 3 points or one of them will go into meltdown mode. Looks like Spurs going meltdown this time. :D

That said, there is some potential in that Arsenal side, but they will probably be very inconsistent this season. Spurs looks a mess. 

Assuming Man City bid 150m for Kane - which I still so no reason to take as a sure thing based on how rumors work - it’s absolutely insane they didn’t go for it. What a get out of jail free card just getting handed to you. Undoubtedly improve the team considerably with that money - and you don’t take it because of some kind of pride thing. 

Unless Man City or another team are stupid enough to bid 100m+ in a future window - which would be very stupid but not out of the question - that decision is going to haunt them for a while. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

Assuming Man City bid 150m for Kane - which I still so no reason to take as a sure thing based on how rumors work - it’s absolutely insane they didn’t go for it. What a get out of jail free card just getting handed to you. Undoubtedly improve the team considerably with that money - and you don’t take it because of some kind of pride thing. 

Unless Man City or another team are stupid enough to bid 100m+ in a future window - which would be very stupid but not out of the question - that decision is going to haunt them for a while. 

Supposedly the best bid was £75m + £25m in add-ons

30 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I actually understand his frustrations though. I wonder if I’m in a minority there.

Top players demand shorter deals and/or buyouts.  Kane’s agent negotiated a locked-in, 6 year deal.  So even 3 years in, he had very little leverage.

Of course, agents and players have their unsavory tricks and have broken the chains in many similar situations.  But the one cardinal rule according to those agents?  Never, NEVER personally piss off the owner.  The moment you do that, you have no chance.   How many billionaires like to publicly lose?

So what did Charlie and Harry do?  Start the proceedings by going to the rags saying he wouldn’t play for Spurs again.  Set the whole thing up as an in-your-face confrontation with the chairman least likely to back down in all of Europe.

It’s pure, extended malpractice.  But since Kane willingly chose his idiot brother as his agent, and willingly signed that contract, I can’t share your sympathy.

He ‘ll get out when it suits Levy’s purpose.  Which IMO will be this summer -- assuming he maintains his value, and stays quiet.  Spurs would be better off cashing in and upgrading that rabble, than wasting his last good year or two in front of it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Arsenal always seem to turn up for this though don't they? 

They will be shite again next weekend and ArtetaOut will be the number one trend again

3 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Hopefully both of these statements come true 👍 

Edited by FoyleFox

33 minutes ago, Koke said:

Probably under Shakespeare. I think Puel had us 9th to 12th. 

Weren't we close to the relegation zone when we lost 1-4 to Palace and Puel was sacked?

Just googled it - 12th.

Edited by Tuna