Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

15 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Top players demand shorter deals and/or buyouts.  Kane’s agent negotiated a locked-in, 6 year deal.  So even 3 years in, he had very little leverage.

Of course, agents and players have their unsavory tricks and have broken the chains in many similar situations.  But the one cardinal rule according to those agents?  Never, NEVER personally piss off the owner.  The moment you do that, you have no chance.   How many billionaires like to publicly lose?

So what did Charlie and Harry do?  Start the proceedings by going to the rags saying he wouldn’t play for Spurs again.  Set the whole thing up as an in-your-face confrontation with the chairman least likely to back down in all of Europe.

It’s pure, extended malpractice.  But since Kane willingly chose his idiot brother as his agent, and willingly signed that contract, I can’t share your sympathy.

He ‘ll get out when it suits Levy’s purpose.  Which IMO will be this summer -- assuming he maintains his value, and stays quiet.  Spurs would be better off cashing in and upgrading that rabble, than wasting his last good year or two in front of it.

Yeah, fair enough. You’ve made some really good points here.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know why but managers walking up and down the technical area continuously waving their arms around winds me up more than it should. 

I'm trying to think who the best examples are of managers who do the hokey-cokey with their upper bodies during games.

Benitez

Tim Sherwood

Dyche

33 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

if Kane's goals dry up then they are well and truly bottom half

I can't see him getting 20+ like usual. I don't even think he'll get the chances. Nuno was always boring at Wolves, won't change at Spurs. Wolves scored 36 last season, fourth fewest, and all Spurs' wins so far this season have been 1-0.

Levy fvcked up sacking Pochettino. At least Spurs were attacking, creative and looked dangerous to play against under Poch.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Your just envious of others success, Other Teams are also allowed to follow & create the dreams, similar to our own...

I want & Welcome if/when the Evertons , W.Ham, A.Villa & Maybe Brentford Drive forward.

Burnley didnt Waste anymore time than others...They Too should be Appreciated for their success...

Its a shame the humbleness  of our Club , Management ethos & 99% of our players, cant be reflected by our fan-base..

This forum has Now become, that shit-heap of opinions, that our  balanced & decent posters used to despise.

Let other Teams find their own Way to survive or strive forward....Sneidy remarks smerges any decent point in a post.

This forum has become too negative & Toxic towards any theme relevant to the Main subject of football...

They have Destroyed a proud & humble ethos, that at least the Club trys to hold onto...

Each week becomes more embarrasing...

Ps..I aint a snowflake...but a blizzard, with a Hurricane of happy-clapperness

How can I be envious of Brentford's success given our recent success? That's a very wrong take.