Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

45 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I can't see him getting 20+ like usual. I don't even think he'll get the chances. Nuno was always boring at Wolves, won't change at Spurs. Wolves scored 36 last season, fourth fewest, and all Spurs' wins so far this season have been 1-0.

Levy fvcked up sacking Pochettino. At least Spurs were attacking, creative and looked dangerous to play against under Poch.

Funny how Levy fired Poch thinking they needed a better manager to take the club forward, yet two or three years later Poch is managing Neymar, Messi, Mbappe and Ramos. While Spurs are playing in european village idiot competition on a Thursday night, getting hammered by bang average Arsenal side... Poch got a good deal :D

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

How can I be envious of Brentford's success given our recent success? That's a very wrong take.

Good for them but we all know its a long season and it likely won't last. If they can keep that form up though no chance for relegation. Still wayyy to early to know though.

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Good for them but we all know its a long season and it likely won't last. If they can keep that form up though no chance for relegation. Still wayyy to early to know though.

Depends if they can keep Thomas Frank I mean give it a month or two and Spurs poor continues, they may look what they've got with Nuno and then look at style of football that Frank brings to Brentford and getting results. 

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Highly unlikely to last, although that was said about Leeds last season and annoyingly it did last. Fortunately and hopefully,  they appear to have second season syndrome this season. The normal version, not our version :D

13 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Highly unlikely to last, although that was said about Leeds last season and annoyingly it did last. Fortunately and hopefully,  they appear to have second season syndrome this season. The normal version, not our version :D

Never again shall anyone repeat that!

Arsenal being arsenal celebrating 3-1 over an pretty average spurs side like they won the title. I understand they've managed to record three wins out of three, but you only have to look at who they've played. When up against the top six they've just been completely outclassed. Arsenal celebrations will be short lived I think. 

While Spurs have just done the complete of Arsenal started off reasonable well to a team that confused and hopeless. Funny how in the first few games without kane spurs looked okay, they bring him back in the frame suddenly the team looks very down beat. It feels like theres one big sulk in the dressing room which is carrying on into the team spirit and making things sour. Daft as it sounds, they probably could do with kane to pick up another injury until January 😆 just to get rid of that negativity round the dressing room.

He literally makes it up as he goes along lol 

when did Barnes make movement with the ball? 

What was the difference between this incident and Leicester's Harvey Barnes, who was adjudged to have impeded the Brighton goalkeeper last time out?

"For the first [disallowed goal], Barnes is directly in view of the goalkeeper, and I think for the second, he made a movement towards the ball, which impacts the goalkeeper. That's why I think they're slightly different."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11661/12419536/ref-watch-david-de-gea-victim-of-instinct-at-old-trafford-emi-martinez-mind-games-and-lucky-ben-white

Edited by chapero82

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

What was the difference between this incident and Leicester's Harvey Barnes, who was adjudged to have impeded the Brighton goalkeeper last time out?

"For the first [disallowed goal], Barnes is directly in view of the goalkeeper, and I think for the second, he made a movement towards the ball, which impacts the goalkeeper. That's why I think they're slightly different."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11661/12419536/ref-watch-david-de-gea-victim-of-instinct-at-old-trafford-emi-martinez-mind-games-and-lucky-ben-white

There must be an agenda here, wouldn't suprise me if Gallacher was still employed by the refs.

8 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

This one was definitely more of an offside than either of ours imo - Watkins is still touching the goalkeeper when the header comes in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There must be an agenda here, wouldn't suprise me if Gallacher was still employed by the refs.

He works for the PGMOL.

Mind you he then does say Spurs should have had a penalty so can sometimes say a ref got it wrong .

I find Dermot is looking for a reason why a ref must have given what they do as he feels he has to defend then.

Someone like Mark Halsey would be more neutral and certainly on Twitter is happy to point out errors made more regularly.

Edited by Super_horns

16 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Absolute boll@cks.

Samir Nasri retires from football at aged 34. Just remembered again that he got sent off because Vardy rattled him in the Champions League. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Koke said:

Samir Nasri retires from football at aged 34. Just remembered again that he got sent off because Vardy rattled him in the Champions League. 

He did have this mess going on at the time 😅

Athletes apparently usually use these treatments to hide PEDs.

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

This one was definitely more of an offside than either of ours imo - Watkins is still touching the goalkeeper when the header comes in.

Absolutely! Just shows how full of shit he and all the other refs in this country are.

Common ****ing sense is needed and these idiots ain’t got a clue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Hahahahaaaa he couldn't be further wrong if he tried, Barnes moved AWAY from the play and Watkins in to it. Staggering.