Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Joefox said:

We are stupid for selling Gray for that amount.

Just now, Master Fox said:

Gray must be worth about £70 million now. Another stupid decision from the club letting him go. He’s better then anyone we have available now. 

Easy to say in hindsight.
A few months ago there were plenty of posters wanting to drive him to the airport for free just to get him off the wage bill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

He'd have left for free otherwise and we'd have received nothing - would that have been a better outcome?

Did he not want to stay then? We should have offered him a new deal. And for the record I’m not back tracking I always rated him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well, considering the whole point of football is to score goals, it kinda helps if you play a style that suits attacking.

O!!.. really.

I thought the whole point of it was to see how many sideway passes your back 4 can make in 90 minutes?....

We'd be clear at the top of the table if that was the case 🤬🤬!!

Just now, Joefox said:

Did he not want to stay then? We should have offered him a new deal. And for the record I’m not back tracking I always rated him.

He didn't. We offered him a new contract and he didn't sign it.

• Like 1

Gray wanted to go he admitted he'd long lost his football desire and motivation. He had plenty of opportunities sometimes he did good but he never sustained it for any decent length of time.

• Like 1

I think you just have to credit Gray (and Benitez) for finding the player that was in there. I would quibble slightly with the idea that we sold him. He wanted away. He obviously saw that his future was elsewhere, and it's kinda difficult to argue with that right now. Well done him methinks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Thing is you could drop this Gray back into our side tomorrow and he'd be back to going missing and being wasteful. Our slow plodding style just wouldn't suit him at all. In this set up he's allowed to use his pace and is currently shining. Not sure he'll keep it up all season but the system really suits him.

Gray's fault then. 🤔🤣

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Gray refusing to slump yet.

Maybe he just wasn’t respected or used to his potential here? :dunno: 

If we'd kept Puel he could've been up front instead of Vardy and Iheanacho.

But everyone wanted him out.

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Did Rodgers (or Puel) really make an effort with Gray? Benitez obviously has, tactics aside. And it's paying off. 

Maybe harsh on Puel though.... 

or Ranieri or Shakespeare don’t forget Gray had 4 different managers whilst here and they all had the same opinion of him.

• Like 1