Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Did Rodgers (or Puel) really make an effort with Gray?

I think you could assume they did. Maybe not the right kind of effort but Gray clearly had skills and they would have wanted to bring them out and on to the pitch.

Wanting to change has to come from the player. Maybe Gray was in a comfortable rut he wasn't and had no motivation to change. The German move maybe was the jolt he needed, provided the motivation, and Everton are now reaping the benefit of that.

Gray's certainly not the first player, nor will he be the last, to find form after a move.  It happens, I don't think we can blame ourselves or rue our bad luck or whatever.  I'm pleased for him.... as long as he doesn't score against us!

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I really think we could be struggling to even finish in the top 10 this season, we look miles off the pace of the top 7/8.

It happens. We are due a fallow season. 

Football.is ever evolving. A more direct approach is currently working. We are currently plodding through techniques that are now two or three seasons out of date. 

We can do this, eventually. Wilf, Ricky, vards Castagne, Nacho, Lookman and Barnes are all perfectly suited for a more aggressive, front foot style

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

or Ranieri or Shakespeare don’t forget Gray had 4 different managers whilst here and they all had the same opinion of him.

In Ranieri's defence he was bought half way through the title winning season and it was viewed as a signing for the future/to break through in future season, personally I fully expected him to be loaned back to Birmingham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

In Ranieri's defence he was bought half way through the title winning season and it was viewed as a signing for the future/to break through in future season, personally I fully expected him to be loaned back to Birmingham.

Agree. And Shakey really just tried to keep to the PL winning formula and team as far as possible so didn't really invest in him. Can accept that he may well have become disillusioned by the end of his time here. But clearly the guy is talented and Benitez is bringing the best out of him. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It happens. We are due a fallow season. 

Football.is ever evolving. A more direct approach is currently working. We are currently plodding through techniques that are now two or three seasons out of date. 

We can do this, eventually. Wilf, Ricky, vards Castagne, Nacho, Lookman and Barnes are all perfectly suited for a more aggressive, front foot style

Arguably we were ahead of our time but apparently that style got 'found out' and we ripped it up immediately and we went to the shite we're currently seeing regardless of our squads abilities and strengths because 'it's the way the game should be played', it could be said we've been found out quicker in this style but we've persisted with it for far longer.

As you say I believe a change in styles is coming and this digusting, dire, boring style is now changing and becoming out of date, The evolution/cycle/change can't come soon enough!

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

or Ranieri or Shakespeare don’t forget Gray had 4 different managers whilst here and they all had the same opinion of him.

Puel rated him 

and he was still raw under shakey 

brendan had the issue of choosing between him and Harvey 

he had his chances on the right but that’s not his preferred side 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Benítez is a great manager

He is. I never really wanted him here but what he's done says it all really. Titles at Valencia, CL and FA Cup at Liverpool, Europa League at Chelsea and guided a below average Newcastle to 10th following their promotion.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

But you’re judging those players you’ve mentioned on 6 games! We’ve seen three of the four players you mentioned week in week out and Maddison when on form is on another level to the other 3! 

I’ll have 50 quid with you that we finish above Everton and another 50 that of the 4 players you’ve mentioned Maddison will have the most combined goals and assists by the end of May.

I'm feeling very guilty about taking this one sided bet off you!!!...are you sure you don't want to retract it?

Have you seen Townsend and Grays stats compared with Maddison and Perez's already this season?..

😂....

I understand if your statement was a bit of a rush of blood to the head?

Great run from Rudiger, puts Lukaku on but won't count. Would have been an excellent goal.

I'm no Chelsea fan but I do like the way they play; the movement and interchange is superb. They're physical, just a bit nasty and so so quick on the break. 

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Gray's fault then. 🤔🤣

Weird take from my post. Nobodies fault. He doesn't suit the way we want to play and we've had success over the past 2 seasons playing the way we have. Was the right time to part company for both parties.

• Like 1