Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Not with the calibre of squad we now have, absentees taken into account. 

First time for everything I guess.

It will all be fixed.  It’s not like we haven’t seen flashes of brilliance from this team.

19 minutes ago, marbles said:

First time for everything I guess.

It will all be fixed.  It’s not like we haven’t seen flashes of brilliance from this team.

It's been a bit meh for quite some time to be honest, certainly in the style of football.

But I admire your optimism and hope you are right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Do you not go to games?

Not digging you out or anything just wondering.

You're clearly a big Wolves fan, surprised you don't go home games atleast.

Not today no. I wanted to go today but the mate I go with is on holiday. 

I'm not a STH but a member. I've been to two home games so far. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Milo said:

I'd love to see Potter here, as and when Brendan decides to move up - think he'd be a great fit and always seems to play decent stuff. Imagine if they had a Vardy. 

I Silent like to see Potter here...It would mean a new rebuild & bringing in players who have to go through pathetic scape-goating 

5 minutes ago, Milo said:

I'd love to see Potter here, as and when Brendan decides to move up - think he'd be a great fit and always seems to play decent stuff. Imagine if they had a Vardy. 

Not sure many of those 'up' clubs would take Rodgers.

He looks just as short here, as he did at Liverpool. Completely reliant on individual brilliance, and can't get players to contribute to a team that is stronger than their individual parts.

If I picked a combined 11 from our and Brighton's squad, there's not a single Brighton player I'd take, which tells you everything about the difference between Rodgers and Potter in their ability to bring a collective to the team.

Benitez too, shows how he's capable of getting a lot from the likes of Gray and Townsend.

We don't play good, or effective, Football.

5th, two seasons in a row followed by record investment, Rodgers is currently the worst performing manager in the League.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Silent like to see Potter here...It would mean a new rebuild & bringing in players who have to go through pathetic scape-goating 

We've got a great set of players for Potter, wouldn't be a rebuild in the slightest. 

Our movement compared to watching this Brighton side, is embarrassing. 

They're playing without a holding midfielder, Lallana and Gros holding, something i've advocated trying for a while at home.

Nobody is convincing me Tielemans+Soumare couldn't do that job, but I don't think Rodgers is as good a coach at Potter, hence of movement is so inferior. 

And before somebody posts, I'm not slagging off Ndidi at all.

But Rodgers calling him 'irreplaceable' is just a further example of how Rodgers is unable to get the best out of his players and adapt/rotate.

Edit: In the last 10 minutes I've seen Brighton play with both a holding 2 of Lallana and Gros, as well as only Lallana holding for the last 5 minutes....MOVEMENT.

We're far far too rigid.