Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

22 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Not sure many of those 'up' clubs would take Rodgers.

He looks just as short here, as he did at Liverpool. Completely reliant on individual brilliance, and can't get players to contribute to a team that is stronger than their individual parts.

If I picked a combined 11 from our and Brighton's squad, there's not a single Brighton player I'd take, which tells you everything about the difference between Rodgers and Potter in their ability to bring a collective to the team.

Benitez too, shows how he's capable of getting a lot from the likes of Gray and Townsend.

We don't play good, or effective, Football.

5th, two seasons in a row followed by record investment, Rodgers is currently the worst performing manager in the League.

:yawn:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Corky said:

We could do a swap.

Don't think Brendan is too popular here!

TBH it probably does sound harsh but that is the 2nd week in a row we have pretty much been outplayed and maybe even more worryingly out battled by the opposition who have been off form.

And twice in a row Munoz himself has said the performance was very disappointing - which is honest but isn't going to look good in front of the big boss.

Had what fans see as our best team out too as well...but turned in our worse performance of the season (yes only lost 1-0 and had a late goal ruled out)

Our fans are probably so used to management changes they say it as its expected - and some didn't take to Munoz at all anyway.

Wonder  what random manager we can pick up next..probably be a bit of a shock for them when the more well known names fans talk about don't come.

Edited by Super_horns

26 minutes ago, Craig said:

Watford are 14th and they are demanding change again. Sensational. And I thought a load of our lot were entitled. Nothing compared to them. 

Think the last 2 performances have disappointed people against teams out of form and  guess there is a sense of we can do better so changing the manager is easy an solution to do that..

Which isn’t always the answer!

And as I say if we don’t get the manager they want or expect it will much of the same .

Edited by Super_horns

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Think the last 2 performances have disappointed people against teams out of form and  guess there is a sense of we can do better so changing the manager is easy an solution to do that..

Which isn’t always the answer ..

Literally two performances though isn’t it, with one that wasn’t even lost - that maybe should have been won after coming from behind. 

No side comes up and wins every single game with perfect football. For all the plaudits Leeds got - they had their fair share of poor results. 

It’s often difficult to adjust to not winning every week after you’ve done so well the season before - and that’s not necessarily the manager’s fault. 

56 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

We've got a great set of players for Potter, wouldn't be a rebuild in the slightest. 

Our movement compared to watching this Brighton side, is embarrassing. 

They're playing without a holding midfielder, Lallana and Gros holding, something i've advocated trying for a while at home.

Nobody is convincing me Tielemans+Soumare couldn't do that job, but I don't think Rodgers is as good a coach at Potter, hence of movement is so inferior. 

And before somebody posts, I'm not slagging off Ndidi at all.

But Rodgers calling him 'irreplaceable' is just a further example of how Rodgers is unable to get the best out of his players and adapt/rotate.

Edit: In the last 10 minutes I've seen Brighton play with both a holding 2 of Lallana and Gros, as well as only Lallana holding for the last 5 minutes....MOVEMENT.

We're far far too rigid.

I wont argue with you last statement, But players & manager have to get it sorted...which I believe they will

Just now, StanSP said:

We don't have to sign or have 'missed' every player that might have played well or be in a decent patch of form. 

We signed Bertrand on a free, already have Thomas, Justin and Castagne who can play there. Maybe we didn't want to actually spend money on a LB? 

If it were up to people on here then between holding onto crap players in the hope they one day come good and signing everyone who other clubs express even a vague interest in, we'd have a squad of about a thousand players

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Craig said:

Literally two performances though isn’t it, with one that wasn’t even lost - that maybe should have been won after coming from behind. 

No side comes up and wins every single game with perfect football. For all the plaudits Leeds got - they had their fair share of poor results. 

It’s often difficult to adjust to not winning every week after you’ve done so well the season before - and that’s not necessarily the manager’s fault. 

True but some say we have been rubbish all season since the first game and getting caught out tactically each game. 

But as you say we need a settled side and some shape/organisation which newly promoted side sometimes lack.

Edited by Super_horns

55 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Graham Potter is a genius and their scouting team is great. They have a solid squad. 

I am really impressed by Potter. He's completely changed their style of play whilst utilising lots of the players who were playing hoofball under Hughton. Shows what a good coach he is that players have really improved under his management. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Guest said:

If it were up to people on here then between holding onto crap players in the hope they one day come good and signing everyone who other clubs express even a vague interest in, we'd have a squad of about a thousand players

And when they retired they could all become our coaches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I am really impressed by Potter. He's completely changed their style of play whilst utilising lots of the players who were playing hoofball under Hughton. Shows what a good coach he is that players have really improved under his management. 

People underestimate what good coaching can do.

I think too many of our fans don't watch other sides play, or even watch us play closely enough.

Didn't see Dunk/Duffy/Burn get exposed by Aubameyang/Saka/Smith-Rowe/Pepe, despite an obvious difference in pace and mobility....Yet last week, we saw Vestegaard get taken apart my a far inferior player in Vydra. 

People will use the result tonight, and many of Brighton's last season, as a stick to bash Potter with...."All style no substance", that sort of thing.

Yet, once again, I witnessed a performance from Brighton that was more complete than anything we've put together for 12 months, with 11 inferior players. 

Stick Iheanacho and Vardy up top in that side tonight and Brighton win by at least a couple of goals. 

Potter and his Brighton side, for a season and a bit now and controlling games.

It's unfortunate for them, and him, that they lack some real quality at the top end of the pitch.