Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Potter had brighton playing possession for the sake of it in the past. They used to over pass it around and repeatedly put themselves under pressure, much like we seem to be now. 

seems that now they now have a plan to get up the pitch and put the opposition under pressure rather than themselves ….

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Steve Bruce:

"I don't remember my goalkeeper making a save, yet he is picking the ball out of the back of the net twice."

Errr yeah Steve, that's generally what happens when your goalkeeper doesn't save them.

He's had quite the week of spouting ****ing nonsense even by his own standards!

Particularly enjoyed 'Joelinton is playing really well on the left, that's where I scouted him, always knew he was good there'.... why did you play him as a number 9 for two years then you cretin lol 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Not being funny, what’s it going to take for goalkeepers to be sent off for this kind of shit?

The rule will change in about 3 years when we get a keeper that leaves his line for crosses 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Not being funny, what’s it going to take for goalkeepers to be sent off for this kind of shit?

That is dreadful. How's he not gone off for that? Both Krul as endangering an opponent and Vydra for checks? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Potter had brighton playing possession for the sake of it in the past. They used to over pass it around and repeatedly put themselves under pressure, much like we seem to be now. 

seems that now they now have a plan to get up the pitch and put the opposition under pressure rather than themselves ….

This is what I can't understand about us at the moment. People say our back line is depleted through injury - which it is - so why do we put them under pressure by pissing about at the back? It seems like madness to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Steve Bruce:

"I don't remember my goalkeeper making a save, yet he is picking the ball out of the back of the net twice."

Errr yeah Steve, that's generally what happens when your goalkeeper doesn't save them.

Having just watched the highlights on MOTD he doesn’t even attempt to save them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Seriously. I’m certain one of the main qualifying characteristics of a red card offence is endangering the safety of the opposition player; how is this not doing that? I’m still fuming about that Ederson one on Iheanacho tbh.

Just seen the disallowed Kabasele goal for Watford. I'm at a loss as to what he's meant to have done wrong. He's clearly pulled the ground by the defender, keeper drops the ball, it hits Kabasele and rolls into the net. No other option but goal surely

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Just seen the disallowed Kabasele goal for Watford. I'm at a loss as to what he's meant to have done wrong. He's clearly pulled the ground by the defender, keeper drops the ball, it hits Kabasele and rolls into the net. No other option but goal surely

Should have been a goal but also penalty for Leeds earlier so was ref evening things  up ?

13 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Really good Brighton performance. They looked a very good side today.

I live in Brighton, and people are very happy about it - they are entertained despite the lack of a goal scorer. Imagine if they had a Vardy. (I'm not turning - don't worry :scarf:)

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

MOTD complaining about the Krul challenge. Ederson clatters people every week and gets away with murder :rolleyes:

What annoyed me was in commentary they said the keeper touched the ball first so effectively can’t be a foul which is ridiculous 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

What annoyed me was in commentary they said the keeper touched the ball first so effectively can’t be a foul which is ridiculous 

‘The collision was inevitable’ is the usual guff spouted by the authorities…..

as has been mentioned above, what happened to ‘endangering the safety of an opponent’ ……

goalkeepers are coached  to come and ‘take everything’ on the basis that if you don’t put it all in then you are more likely to get hurt …..  that doesn’t really work in relation to the endangering safety law. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

‘The collision was inevitable’ is the usual guff spouted by the authorities…..

as has been mentioned above, what happened to ‘endangering the safety of an opponent’ ……

goalkeepers are coached  to come and ‘take everything’ on the basis that if you don’t put it all in then you are more likely to get hurt …..  that doesn’t really work in relation to the endangering safety law. 

What’s krul supposed to do though, not try and get the ball ?

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’m not necessarily referring to that incident- he doesn’t take everything 

a keeper needs to have the same responsibilities with his fists as players do with the feet - a player who gets there late and nicks the ball but then goes straight into the the ankle or lower leg with too much force will usually find himeslf headed down the tunnel ……..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

That is very much so ridiculous especially when outfield players can touch the ball first before a tackle and still see red...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not necessarily referring to that incident- he doesn’t take everything 

a keeper needs to have the same responsibilities with his fists as players do with the feet - a player who gets there late and nicks the ball but then goes straight into the the ankle or lower leg with too much force will usually find himeslf headed down the tunnel ……..

Exactly right. JWP had to go for the ball yesterday but he got it wrong and paid the price. Goalkeepers should be no different, if anything the risk of serious injury is far higher with a punch to the head than a kick to the leg.

45 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Perhaps not use his fist and palm it away or not try to get it if he's not confident of catching it. Pretty much the same rules as a player going into a tackle, players get booked/set off for excessive tackles even if they get the ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Perhaps not use his fist and palm it away or not try to get it if he's not confident of catching it. Pretty much the same rules as a player going into a tackle, players get booked/set off for excessive tackles even if they get the ball.

The game needs an adjustment on law interpretation re goalkeeping.  I’ve played there.  The message is if you’re coming off your line then make sure you get to the ball.  And just in case you don’t, make sure you take everyone out who gets in your way.  I can’t see that this message has changed over the decades. the rest of the game ref contact has.  

someone needs to get it sorted.  as our keeper never comes off his line, it will be better for us! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

We don't have to sign or have 'missed' every player that might have played well or be in a decent patch of form. 

We signed Bertrand on a free, already have Thomas, Justin and Castagne who can play there. Maybe we didn't want to actually spend money on a LB? 

We're just in a spell where everything we do is wrong and everyone else is doing things right according to our fans.

We sign the wrong players, others sign the right ones. We should've kept ones we let go, kept ones we should've got rid of (until they score a couple of goals at their new clubs and we ask why we let them go).

• Like 3

Just getting my tin hat out..

:ph34r::whistle:

Most of our fanbsse will be happy now - a lot wanted him gone.

Until we appoint another random name they haven’t heard of.

Liverpool up next  - easy  start for the new man.

Then Man City , Chelsea , Arsenal, Man U and you to come .

Edited by Super_horns