Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

‘The collision was inevitable’ is the usual guff spouted by the authorities…..

as has been mentioned above, what happened to ‘endangering the safety of an opponent’ ……

goalkeepers are coached  to come and ‘take everything’ on the basis that if you don’t put it all in then you are more likely to get hurt …..  that doesn’t really work in relation to the endangering safety law. 

Exactly what Dermott Gallagher said when Ederson punched Iheanacho

I don't think he'll be too fussed. Got a promotion on his CV, they aren't in a terrible position and he's been sacked from a club that has a high turnover of managers.

Watford is probably the best club to manage to avoid your reputation being battered.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't think he'll be too fussed. Got a promotion on his CV, they aren't in a terrible position and he's been sacked from a club that has a high turnover of managers.

Watford is probably the best club to manage to avoid your reputation being battered.

Don’t know why the owner doesn’t just take the job. 

Ridiculous. 14th after 7 games and they've pulled the trigger. Crazy stuff.

And I've just seen their next fixtures :o 

Liverpool, Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City. 

That's one hell of a run. Can only see them getting points against us and Southampton!

26 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Just getting my tin hat out..

:ph34r::whistle:

Most of our fanbsse will be happy now - a lot wanted him gone.

Until we appoint another random name they haven’t heard of.

Liverpool up next  - easy  start for the new man.

Then Man City , Chelsea , Arsenal, Man U and you to come .

After watching you yesterday part of me isn’t surprised, it was a piss poor performance and you hardly laid a glove on Leeds, yet it does feel like a slight overreaction considering you’re 14th.

I guess with those run of fixtures coming up, the board are scared of taking a battering in all of them, yet whoever you have in charge, a battering in those games is highly likely.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Or could it be someone preferable has become available?

Seems that is the case .

Diego Martinez who was at Granada.

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

After watching you yesterday part of me isn’t surprised, it was a piss poor performance and you hardly laid a glove on Leeds, yet it does feel like a slight overreaction considering you’re 14th.

I guess with those run of fixtures coming up, the board are scared of taking a battering in all of them, yet whoever you have in charge, a battering in those games is highly likely.

Tend to agree but that is how they work .

This, as a first managerial sacking in the Premier League, is so expected they should have excluded it from the betting.

I wonder how many managers Watford can go through this season.

I'm going four.

1 minute ago, RGFox said:

Interesting schmeichel snr on sunday brunch c4 just said the proudest moment for him wasnt any of his trophies but seeing Kasper lift the premier league! 

Just saw it and cheered when he said it!

22 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

So have been our performances in the last couple of games which has lead to this decision TBH.

And they have basically done what the fans demanded really .

last couple of games?

How was he before that? And in the Championship? Just seems a bit knee-jerk really.

53 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Just getting my tin hat out..

:ph34r::whistle:

Most of our fanbsse will be happy now - a lot wanted him gone.

Until we appoint another random name they haven’t heard of.

Liverpool up next  - easy  start for the new man.

Then Man City , Chelsea , Arsenal, Man U and you to come .

You will at least get 3 points from those 6 games