Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

58 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Personally thought he was pretty lucky to stay on for the clip on Foden in the first half as Foden ran through on goal. Didn’t even concede a free kick for that. 

Quality of refereeing is atrocious

He made three yellow card fouls and received one. Proper bottling with that cynical trip in the second half.

Just a great game with three superb goals out of four. Forget the narrative and the soap opera drama around the game at times- you will still see some brilliant football. It is why we still watch it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

He made three yellow card fouls and received one. Proper bottling with that cynical trip in the second half.

Just a great game with three superb goals out of four. Forget the narrative and the soap opera drama around the game at times- you will still see some brilliant football. It is why we still watch it.

Refs don't have the balls against the big teams. Look at the bookings we've received compared to others

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Seems so .

Good luck to him.

With 

Chelsea 
Liverpool 
Man U
You 
Arsenal 
Man C
Everton 
Palace 
Burnley 
Brentford 

To play before Xmas he might need it!

Well he’s got 3pts in there guaranteed at least….

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

After the Fulham debacle it's another opportunity to show that we were right to sack Ranieri when we did if Watford go down.

Nah, nothing about an opportunity to prove we were right. We've progressed enough since the we parted, there's no need to look for more reasons. We've won an FA Cup and Community shield along with 2 Europa finishes, we're a different club to then 

In a way I'm saddened he's coming back to the Prem. He reached the top of the hill, there's no need to come back to prove himself again and again and dampen that win. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bfox said:

Just a question, are PL refs ever held accountable, have to explain their reasoning, have performance reviews? 

They will have their bosses and assessors but will be from the PGMOL so probably very closed shop.

And it seems very long winded!

Who really cares about minor free kicks - concentrate on the big ones.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bfox said:

Just a question, are PL refs ever held accountable, have to explain their reasoning, have performance reviews? 

Referees have too much protection and get away, especially recently, with key incidents that have affected game outcomes - it'll take a serious protest for this to be reversed, unfortunately.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, trabuch said:

We've got supposedly the best league - probably the richest. Our referees are absolutely shite. I still blame Mike Riley. I'm convinced he hates football.

He was part of a particularly dreadful group when he refereed- Poll, Winter, Bennett, Knight, Styles, Rennie. Egotistical, almost believing they were celebrities at times.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Corky said:

He was part of a particularly dreadful group when he refereed- Poll, Winter, Bennett, Knight, Styles, Rennie. Egotistical, almost believing they were celebrities at times.

Celebrity referees. I FVCKING HATE THEM. The best ref is the one I've never noticed (unless they are bald and have bulgey eyes).

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Man City are the best team in the league. They’ve deserved to win pretty much all their games this season so far, but they just don’t have that edge upfront currently. 

To keep Mahrez on the bench for the whole game was criminal. I think he’d have changed that if he’d had half hour.