Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Unless Kane wins a few big trophies in the next few years, then it's 100% Vardy. 

Wow the replies actually really trigger me. So many idiots out there. Apparently potentially becoming the PL top scorer (for a while) is better than winning the championship, prem, fa cup, golden boot and probably becoming a top 10 PL all time scorer. 

The best argument in this Kane/Vardy stuff is always - which one won a Premier League - because that season Spurs should have won it on paper. They had a better more expensively assembled side but Kane couldn’t carry that weight, Vardy did it effortlessly - and as we know Spurs end up 3rd in a two horse race.

Any Top Manager has always said there is a big, big difference between a top class player - and a winner. Kane is a top class player but Vardy is a winner.

Im probably the only person that believes this but I don’t see Kane ever winning a trophy now 🤷‍♂️ when Pep has his choice this summer he went for Grealish instead despite realistically from the outside people seeing City needed a striker not another Inside Forward/AM option. By the end of this season will they turn to Haaland or perhaps Mbappe instead?

Kane can’t win anything with Spurs - Liverpool wont sign him as they’ll be priced out, Chelsea have gone down another route with Lukaku who’s the same age so fills that spot. United or City would be his two options but by the end of this season will he be as relevant or available for any less money from Levy? I doubt it somewhat.

He’s this generations Shearer, one of the top three goal scorers of this era - but will end up with no trophies 

edit - I was rightly reminded Shearer did win a Premier League with Blackburn so my final comparison was dreadful 😂 as others have rightly said Le Tissier would be a better shout 👍 

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves
  • Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
51 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Looks like Newcastle are going to be the next Man City

They can't. Ffp makes stuff like this very difficult now.

Really interested to see who fronts the consortium.

I think it'll be the Reubon Bro's with Saudi extra funding.... which means it's two sets of billionaires lol 

All the crew are in Newcastle currently, Stavely and one of the Reubens sons, with the Reuben bros scheduled to fly in tonight.

Also got some comms people onboard so I imagine they'll be doing all the press bits ahead of an imminent announcement.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They can't. Ffp makes stuff like this very difficult now.

It does but newcastle are potentially a bigger club than Man City and Chelsea (ref crowds and following).  It’s going to be an easier task there than it would be somewhere like our club.