Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

11 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I think people forget that Kane has a full 6 years on Vardy.

Yeah he does, and if you ask in 6 years it might be a different answer. But right now, there's only one answer and it's Vardy.

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-fewer-clubs-is-not-the-reform-that-the-premier-league-needs-norwich-city-jamie-ohara

I'm glad somebody is sticking up for them. They are being kicked about unfairly now. If they aren't good enough then they'll go naturally. Saying they should be kicked out, lacking integrity, reduction in teams because they don't break the bank is a new one.

I'd happily see O'Hara pushed back to obscurity where he belongs in the process. Utter tit.

The absolute cheek. If it was ronaldo saying it, youd go...he's wrong but entitled to that opinion. But its Jamie O'hara... a guy who never cut it at spurs and spent the majority of his career playing in a wolves team that was no better than norwich.. barely scraping survival year after year. 

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It depresses me to my absolute core (and don't take this for surprise, by the way, I'm absolutely not) that the only thing that truly stood between Saudi Arabia and owning a football club was some Internet piracy. I mean we knew they care more about money than decency really but its still horrible to see it actually unfold. 

I think Qatar BeIN sports were putting pressure on the Premier League to do something about Saudi's pirate sports  channel beoutQ showing premier league games, are Qatar will stop paying the Premier League about 300m pounds a year. Now that the Saudi's have said they would allow BeIN and stop the piracy, everything is a ok with the Premier League. It's all about big Money at the end of the day with the elite in world society

Dunno if this is the correct thread for this, but I wasn't previously aware that Odsonne Edouard, whilst on loan from Celtic to Toulouse,  had shot an innocent passer by with an airsoft gun, causing him to lose hearing in his ear. According to reports, he'd owed £20,000 odd in damages since 2017. Thankfully he's now paid it, after pressure from Crystal Palace to do so. Good for them.

If that's all true, which it seems to be, I think I'm glad we passed on him. Everyone makes mistakes, but that's a mistake that most sane people wouldn't make. 

Edited by Duquesne Whistle

8 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Dunno if this is the correct thread for this, but I wasn't previously aware that Odsonne Edouard, whilst on loan from Celtic to Toulouse,  had shot an innocent passer by with an airsoft gun, causing him to lose hearing in his ear. According to reports, he'd owed £20,000 odd in damages since 2017. Thankfully he's now paid it, after pressure from Crystal Palace to do so. Good for them.

If that's all true, which it seems to be, I think I'm glad we passed on him. Everyone makes mistakes, but that's a mistake that most sane people wouldn't make. 

If he’d missed with the shot then we’d have been more likely to have bought him …..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

If he’d missed with the shot then we’d have been more likely to have bought him …..

Yeah, I guess so. I wasn't aware of it until today but I'm sure many were, particularly any clubs looking at buying him at the time.

I was just taken by surprise at the stupidity of his actions I think.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Worrying to hear what's happening in the toon. The long waited takeover is close. Hopefully even if this takeover goes through the owners maybe similar to Everton, Tottenham and Fulham. Rich but not heavy spenders.

It’s pocket change compared to them lol 

E74AB595-9269-4BD3-807F-1D9CAA15CC4A.jpeg

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Worrying to hear what's happening in the toon. The long waited takeover is close. Hopefully even if this takeover goes through the owners maybe similar to Everton, Tottenham and Fulham. Rich but not heavy spenders.

Well they probably won’t be in a relegation battle anymore !

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

They're going to be the richest club by some distance....