Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

For some reason I remember him saying he'd never go in to management again after what happened last time, even if it wasn't fully in the role. 

Probably sensible tbh, the expectation is going to be insane now.

7 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah, and that’s how I would view it. 

Funny how most of the media mob who cried wolf about the super league etc seem to have lost their ethical hat this week. 

That’s what I’m scratching my head over. Everyone acted faux-shocked about that but this is ok? Football community really is a herd of lemmings.

If these start lobbing money out everywhere, why don’t we? 

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Would be funny as fvck if Newcastle went down this season now 

It would just delay the inevitable though. It's been proved over and over again through the history of football that money buys success.

AC Milan

Marseille

Chelsea

Man City

PSG

If they are serious, then eventually they will be competing for the title. The only hope is they decide to go more of the Red Bull / Leicester model of building a club up over a long time period rather than dunking the cash all in one go. But I expect a massive sponsorship deal with Saudi Airways to be announced in the summer to kickstart the FFP dodging.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Wonder how long it will be before the Toon army turn up at the stadium to tear down the Sports Direct banners.

Not long. Literally live outside the ground and I will be very surprised if they are still there tomorrow lol

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Would be funny as fvck if Newcastle went down this season now 

Reckon they know its a possibility but they'll come straight back up and then challenge straight away regardless.

Just now, Nalis said:

Reckon they know its a possibility but they'll come straight back up and then challenge straight away regardless.

Yeah very true but would delay any top players wanting to go. Will always take a few years to get their project up and running anyway so like you say probably wouldn’t make much difference overall. 

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If we'd spent 15 years fairly consistently in the Premier League we might have some discontentment for our owners if they truly were scum but we wouldn't have anywhere near the complex that Newcastle and West Ham do. 

The entitlement from their lot is just off the charts. We'd be delighted just to be in the top flight for that long tbh. 

Someone on here the other week genuinely said GSB were amongst the "worst owners in football" - it's mind-blowing.

Just now, bovril said:

Don't want to be melodramatic but feels a bit like the last nail in the coffin of top level English football. 

Also, this a million times. The FA Cup win is beginning to feel a bit like a very lovely nail in the coffin that is my interest in top level football.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Also, this a million times. The FA Cup win is beginning to feel a bit like a very lovely nail in the coffin that is my interest in top level football.

Indeed.

The videos of Newcastle fans celebrating are just embarrassing. 

Said this the other day, really surprised that fans aren’t dishing out chants against the ESL clubs and now Newcastle. Ridiculous displays of greed and an end to football meritocracy and tradition. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Was there this much uproar when Man City's owners came along and bought them? 

What uproar? Look at the comment sections on social media. People are congratulating them, and even worse, saying they ‘deserve it’ 🤢🤮

The media coverage of this makes me sick. All about money. Nothing else.  Top flight football is ruined. How long before all the sides are owned by people like this. Newcastle fans crying saying they have got their club back. You really haven't. 

46 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Be great banter if they were worse owners than Ashley. 

You have to give some credit to Ashley's cunning and patience though. Just like Ken Bates and Chelsea a few years back. Keep hold of the underperforming "giant" and despite fan hatred,  until a mega rich foreigner comes in and buys the outfit. 

• Like 1