Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He'll go like a shot if offered the job.

He didn't for Arsenal? 

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

What uproar? Look at the comment sections on social media. People are congratulating them, and even worse, saying they ‘deserve it’ 🤢🤮

True! I think they deserve to be shot of Ashley but then that congratulatory feel is misplaced given who's replacing him! 

Just now, StanSP said:

He didn't for Arsenal? 

True! I think they deserve to be shot of Ashley but then that congratulatory feel is misplaced given who's replacing him! 

Shitshow all round

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

Indeed.

The videos of Newcastle fans celebrating are just embarrassing. 

They've been terrible for so long, including two relegations in the last decade or so, why wouldn't they be celebrating?

Fans don't give a shit what owners do as long as the team is successful. All millionaires, billionairs, owners are dodgy as fvck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They've been terrible for so long, including two relegations in the last decade or so, why wouldn't they be celebrating?

Fans don't give a shit what owners do as long as the team is successful. All millionaires, billionairs, owners are dodgy as fvck.

Dunno, celebrating in that way after the announcement just feels to me like the antithesis of what supporting a footballteam is about. Don't know how else to explain it.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He'll go like a shot if offered the job.

Agreed he didn't hang about long last time when Foxes came calling for him at Celtic. My biggest fear if he does go, he may try and lure Youri with him.

Edited by Leicesterpool

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Agreed he didn't hang about long last time when Foxes came calling for him at Celtic. My biggest fear if he does go, he may try and lure Youri with him.

I really don't think Youri will be here much longer, if he was going to sign a new contract he'd have done it by now. 

• Like 2

As much as they're clearly being taken over by terrible bellends and there's almost certainly a weird media-led legend surrounding the club ("they love their football" etc) - you go there and the ground is practically buried amongst the city, and *everyone* there follows Newcastle. Ashley has taken the piss out of not just the club but Newcastle as a place for ****ing ages tbh, I don't begrudge a single one of them celebrating - even as an outside it felt like it went a bit beyond him not being arsed with spending a fortune.

Edited by Langston
Edit - I should add that by buried amongst the city, I mean in a brilliant way, it's like a massive terraced house, it's bloody fantastic.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How long do we think it will take for Newcastle to be challenging the top 6? 

Sky will have them challenging by the next round of games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Was there this much uproar when Man City's owners came along and bought them? 

It subtlety come off the back of a pretty awful bloke in the former Thai PM selling the club. The story was in that rather than the new owners 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Conte would never go there first, he and I'd imagine any of the 'elite' managers would let someone else have a go first and let them build some foundations. Rodgers, maybe. 

Nah Conte will be all over this. Anywhere he can spend money he will go. 

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Conte would never go there first, he and I'd imagine any of the 'elite' managers would let someone else have a go first and let them build some foundations. Rodgers, maybe. 

Rodgers doesn't build foundations, look at his career and you'll see he comes into a team when that is already in place and rides the crest of a wave. When he builds/signs players things tends to go wrong.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It subtlety come off the back of a pretty awful bloke in the former Thai PM selling the club. The story was in that rather than the new owners 

Probably why Newcastle fans are so happy. 

Delighted the evil has gone despite a worse evil coming in. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bovril said:

Dunno, celebrating in that way after the announcement just feels to me like the antithesis of what supporting a footballteam is about. Don't know how else to explain it.

Well, I'd bet our fans would do the exact same......just sayin

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

It would be so funny if the new owners step in and first thing they do is hand Steve Bruce a new deal 😂 imagine the Newcastle fans reaction to that.

No I don't think so , Steve's time as a PL manager is over I reckon. If they do tap up Rodgers , at least we will get all our money back and more.