Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

57 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How long do we think it will take for Newcastle to be challenging the top 6? 

Never? Money doesn't automatically mean success, it's about getting it right on the manager first and players.

• Like 1

With the Saudis coming into football I can see them forcing through rule changes to benefit super rich clubs. 

Everything they do has a political and financial price with it usually to do with arms, soldiers or oil. 

They have the power to make anyone bend to their will and we usually do.

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

With the Saudis coming into football I can see them forcing through rule changes to benefit super rich clubs. 

Everything they do has a political and financial price with it usually to do with arms, soldiers or oil. 

They have the power to make anyone bend to their will and we usually do.

Whats scary about this is that they have so much power over our govenrment. They wouldnt stand in their way like they did with the Super League 

• Like 1

Interesting thing is Newcastle have got somes tricky games to come with loads of injuries even with a new manager coming in, by January time they could be like Norwich quite a drift and even with the big bucks to spend would any player want to join a club that's at the time could be in a relegation scrap. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

The PL has no integrity.......

How it hold campaigns to support equality LGBT, and allow Newcastle to be owner by state that outlaws it.

Which is just scatching thr surface of Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud stewardship of Saudi Arabia.

Sad day for football.

I don’t think there are any protocols for state owned investment vehicles as opposed to individuals ….

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

This is random but how does everyone here pronounce Newcastle... like that or "Newcarstle" as everyone keeps saying on the tele :S when I last went up there all the locals said "Newcastle"

I say newk-hars-hull

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The PL has no integrity.......

How can it hold campaigns to support equality for LGBT, and allow Newcastle to be owned by state that outlaws it.

Which is just scatching thr surface of Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud stewardship of Saudi Arabia.

Sad day for football.

The horse had already bolted tbh

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I can't really give it the 'Newcastle killed' football thing. Football died years ago. 

This.

I think the disappointment this time is the fact that there is so much controversy attached to the origins of the consortium members….. and how their moral standards fall well, well, well, well below what we accept in modern day society. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

This.

I think the disappointment this time is the fact that there is so much controversy attached to the origins of the consortium members….. and how their moral standards fall well, well, well, well below what we accept in modern day society. 

Whilst we'll gnash about this particular takeover the problem is the precedent. It's opened a door for genuine villains. 

What takeover ISN'T acceptable? 

• Like 2

I don't blame their fans for enjoying it- they've a great chance to won trophies which the majority of their fanbase won't have seen.

I do worry about the knock-on effect and the ever increasing cost of transfer fees and wages as teams try to compete. I think, for ourselves, it's just not worth it. You can see how hard it is to build something with comparatively low financing (though certainly not shoestring) and how it can be blown out of the water in one go.

• Like 1

I think I’m gonna start boycotting. I can’t stand another Man C / Man U billion pound squads especially now these guys who treat lives so cheaply have taken charge.

I love my Leicester but I can’t stand thinking I am contributing to these guys getting more money and power. Most of these owners couldn’t give a toss about football and only in the Prem because of how big is it.

I actually hope the bubble bursts now.

• Like 3