Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I think I’m gonna start boycotting. I can’t stand another Man C / Man U billion pound squads especially now these guys who treat lives so cheaply have taken charge.

I love my Leicester but I can’t stand thinking I am contributing to these guys getting more money and power. Most of these owners couldn’t give a toss about football and only in the Prem because of how big is it.

I actually hope the bubble bursts now.

The Arabs are in it for kudos and to win

the yanks are in it for the money

which would you prefer ??

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I think I’m gonna start boycotting. I can’t stand another Man C / Man U billion pound squads especially now these guys who treat lives so cheaply have taken charge.

I love my Leicester but I can’t stand thinking I am contributing to these guys getting more money and power. Most of these owners couldn’t give a toss about football and only in the Prem because of how big is it.

I actually hope the bubble bursts now.

These kids growing up watching modern football never got the feeling of wandering into a knackered old stadium, and watching 11 part time pissheads wearing over sized shirts. 

I do genuinely miss those days, probably just because I was a kid. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

People keep repeating this and its stupid click bait shit and not even close to accurate. 

Sheikh Mansour and Nasser Al-Khelaifi aren't just their own private wealth. 

PSG are owned by Qatar's equivalent of this sham Saudi fund that masquerades as a private company, its also worth about 300b. 

Man City are owned by City Football Group which is in turn owned by, you guessed it, Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi Investment Group, which Sheikh Mansour also manages, is their equivalent to Newcastle's new ownership "company" and their estimated worth? 

Just the casual $649 billion. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

People keep repeating this and its stupid click bait shit and not even close to accurate. 

Sheikh Mansour and Nasser Al-Khelaifi aren't just their own private wealth. 

PSG are owned by Qatar's equivalent of this sham Saudi fund that masquerades as a private company, its also worth about 300b. 

Man City are owned by City Football Group which is in turn owned by, you guessed it, Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi Investment Group, which Sheikh Mansour also manages, is their equivalent to Newcastle's new ownership "company" and their estimated worth? 

Just the casual $649 billion. 

👏 👏 

newcastle will be another big spending club over the next decade. If they get their management and recruitment right they will challenge for top four and possibly the title. But you can’t just buy whoever you want.  What they can do is invest in the local area and stadium and significantly upgrade the training ground.  That’s not FFP related.  Let’s see how quickly they spend in those areas.

their fans also need to show a tad more respect for Ashley now this has gone through. He was free to sell to anyone who came up with the £300m that he wanted. I suspect he must have had other interest but he waited for this consortium because he knew they would be best for the future of the club. Just as we are so grateful that Mandric sold to vichai.  

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The horse had already bolted tbh

So we should just except it?

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I can't really give it the 'Newcastle killed' football thing. Football died years ago. 

True and it's not Newcastle fault. 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

This is random but how does everyone here pronounce Newcastle... like that or "Newcarstle" as everyone keeps saying on the tele :S when I last went up there all the locals said "Newcastle"

Noo-cass-ull. 

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

They're looking at Rodgers apparently...

They'll be linked to basically everyone at first because it's clickbaity and compelling. 

It's easy to forget that Man City took several years to build up momentum. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They'll be linked to basically everyone at first because it's clickbaity and compelling. 

It's easy to forget that Man City took several years to build up momentum. 

Man City did go for a manager of a similar profile at the time though before eventually bringing in Mancini 

Every nouveau riche club makes a lot mistakes before finally getting it right 

They probably won’t even finish top half next season as their current squad is mostly very poor.

• Like 1

I don't really understand the uproar about this. Is it really any different to Abu Dhabi owning City? Good luck being a homasexual or speaking out publicly against the regime there! 

Just another oil rich, highly un democractic, fundamentalist country owning a football club. The horse has well and truly bolted as others have said. Why not let Newcastle fans have a bit of fun too they deserve it suffering Ashley and that terrible football all these years.

There will be human rights abusing scum bags in Saudi Arabia wheather they buy Newcastle or not. But at least like with our owners there will be some investment in the North East and some job creation. god knows they need because they won't be getting any crumbs from this stingy government. 

• Like 1

It will be really interesting who they get in as manager and any mistakes they make early on.

At present, besides Norwich, Newcastle are looking the worst team in the league - only early, but they’ve been close to the bottom since they returned.

If, like KP did with Sousa, they go for a big name, who sounds impressive, but doesn’t really know the league, they could still go down this season.

If come January, they are still in the bottom 3 how many top players will want to go there?

More might want to come in the summer when they know they are safe.
Look at any new owners to football they make lots of mistakes early on thinking they can buy a dream team and it rarely works out instantly.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

It will be really interesting who they get in as manager and any mistakes they make early on.

At present, besides Norwich, Newcastle are looking the worst team in the league - only early, but they’ve been close to the bottom since they returned.

If, like KP did with Sousa, they go for a big name, who sounds impressive, but doesn’t really know the league, they could still go down this season.

If come January, they are still in the bottom 3 how many top players will want to go there?

More might want to come in the summer when they know they are safe.
Look at any new owners to football they make lots of mistakes early on thinking they can buy a dream team and it rarely works out instantly.

Rodgers is on their list allegedly..

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Rodgers is on their list allegedly..

The media have Rodgers on every list going. No way does he go there first up though.

You can see it a mile away, whoever goes there now will be sacked by the end of the season when they are still struggling in the bottom half.

The smart move is to let someone go in and start the project and then come in when they are in a better position to move up the table.

My money is on Unai Emery coming in. 

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The PL has no integrity.......

How can it hold campaigns to support equality for LGBT, and allow Newcastle to be owned by state that outlaws it.

Which is just scatching thr surface of Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud stewardship of Saudi Arabia.

Sad day for football.

This.

The PL seems to accept anything that will make them appear 'popular' and 'holier than thou' when, in fact, how they run the league etc. is becoming a serious farce now.

Doubt it very much, but would love it (no pun intended) for wide-spread protests over the next few days to occur from this takeover announcement and for calls for the Premier League to be investigated over their fit-and-proper chairman/owner test criteria.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

Will our win in 15/16 be remembered like the last words of a beloved relative, or as the time Grandad finally kicked the bucket so we could get our hands on his money? I suppose it depends whether you love the game or not.

Edited by trabuch

Ugh, through all the years of the media rimming them, trotting out "they love their football up here" for every televised match as though Newcastle are unique in liking their local team, we could at least take solace in them being a bit crap and even have a little sympathy for them given the Ashley situation.  Now there will be no redeeming feature to Newcastle.  They're already stinking up reddit with the mental gymnastics about other fans' concerns that they're financially backed by an oppressive state, going full victim mode and making out like this is entirely new as though they haven't been alongside us making the same complaints about Man City and the Qatar world cup for years.  It's going to be like having a second Liverpool in the league.