Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I don't really understand the uproar about this. Is it really any different to Abu Dhabi owning City? Good luck being a homasexual or speaking out publicly against the regime there! 

Just another oil rich, highly un democractic, fundamentalist country owning a football club. The horse has well and truly bolted as others have said. Why not let Newcastle fans have a bit of fun too they deserve it suffering Ashley and that terrible football all these years.

There will be human rights abusing scum bags in Saudi Arabia wheather they buy Newcastle or not. But at least like with our owners there will be some investment in the North East and some job creation. god knows they need because they won't be getting any crumbs from this stingy government. 

This one is ever so slightly different in that the consortium is headed by Saudi royals, whom happily sit there earning their billions whilst certain members of society and women suffer. 

They recently ‘permitted’ women to drive, but again it comes with strict guidelines, you can also be killed for being a member of the LGBTQ+ group…..

Whilst there are probably a lot of similarities between them and the Man City owners beliefs, the Saudi royals have an actual say in their countries affairs.

The premier league has literally made themselves look like willy pullers, in one hand they show support to the various groups that within the country and then in the other they allow a modern day medieval tyrant buy a football club…. It is all a bit twisted. 

Furthermore Newcastle fans are just annoying….

Still not sure why everyone thinks that just because Newcastle now have a lot of money that all the rest will just roll over and let them scoop up every trophy in the land. Yes, they have more money than anyone else but the numbers are irrelevant, let's not pretend that the others are paupers nor assume that just because they have a lot of money that they intend to spend every penny on Newcastle United. Anyone thinking that those sitting at the top table currently won't put up a fight are deluded. I wouldn't under estimate the political power that these clubs have with the football authorities to implement rule changes protecting their dynasty. 

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

FFS I don’t even know where to start with what’s wrong with this image. 

35857778-DEA8-4F44-8AF3-453C20D4092D.jpeg

Absolutely taking it too far, there is no need for the guy bottom right to be crying blood.

Edited by Torten
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ffs :frusty:

Its not like the media to go overboard is it ….. that’s social media too

the fires are being stoked everywhere - I think it’s safe to just see them as another Man City ….. which means in ten years time they will be part of the ‘top whatever  it is’

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Its not like the media to go overboard is it ….. that’s social media too

the fires are being stoked everywhere - I think it’s safe to just see them as another Man City ….. which means in ten years time they will be part of the ‘top whatever  it is’

Not to mention that, that may well be the overall wealth of the consortium, but that isn’t all for Newcastle to pump into their team/club.

And, it’s still Newcastle, no disrespect but Man City had a power rival to overtake, and Chelsea had a degree of pedigree prior to Romans arrival.

Newcastle are at this time genuinely shit, there’s nothing they can do immediately to turn things around.

I genuinely think they will end up getting relegated, which would be ****ing hilarious! 

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The media have Rodgers on every list going. No way does he go there first up though.

You can see it a mile away, whoever goes there now will be sacked by the end of the season when they are still struggling in the bottom half.

The smart move is to let someone go in and start the project and then come in when they are in a better position to move up the table.

My money is on Unai Emery coming in. 

Interesting looking at their fans forum and who they want in. Some want Rafa back, some have suggested Eddie Howe, and more than one want a certain KK back as DoF.  Wtf?

1 minute ago, SkidsFox said:

Interesting looking at their fans forum and who they want in. Some want Rafa back, some have suggested Eddie Howe, and more than one want a certain KK back as DoF.  Wtf?

Imagine becoming the most powerful sporting outfit of all time and appointing Kevin Keegan😂

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Also is their current squad really going to put the effort in knowing they’ll be sold in the near future?

Incentive to stay around for increased wages might temp a few to put more effort in. Plus they'll have a new manager to prove themselves to soon enough with a fresh start. It must be strange though for many players  because they know they won't be part of the plans no matter how much they improve or try to improve.

9 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

True on the other hand I guess, but the Paul Dummett’s and Jeff Hendrick’s of this world know that they will be - however well they play

True true, I’m lumping on Dummett moving to Burnley next summer. 

Sounds like from Amanda's interview that Steve Bruce could be gone before the next game. I dont expect Newcastle will go for world class manager yet due to league position. Think it could be Gerrard, they'll look at him to build the foundations for a couple of years.