Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

To be honest I'm somewhat warming to the idea of murderous regimes buying up under-performing clubs. 

The Taliban may have just re-taken Afghanistan, but how would they fare getting Sunderland out of League 1?

Kim Jong-Un & Stoke seem like a match too good to be true. 

The Taliban already have other fish to fry..... ;)

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/taliban-to-take-over-middlesbrough-fc-20211008212884?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3VxxpmK1PQoVjzjaR6ZYuiw7Uq1dveMxwEy4YJoUKAr1j2W0PMno0atW8#Echobox=1633684021

• Haha 1

I don’t think they will be able to go out and get someone like Conte yet, not with the current state of the squad and the club infrastructure, going to be someone who can build the club up and assemble a better squad first of all

Someone like Gerrard after the work he has done with Rangers, or even Howe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think they will be able to go out and get someone like Conte yet, not with the current state of the squad and the club infrastructure, going to be someone who can build the club up and assemble a better squad first of all

Someone like Gerrard after the work he has done with Rangers, or even Howe

Think they’re best replacing the wheelie bin ice baths before they get that far…

Roberto Martinez for me.

He's been at Belgium a long time now, done good stuff with them but I doubt he has any real ties to them.

He'll have created excellent relationships with a number of players that the consortium will be targeting too. 

Also his best mate is the current Assistant Coach....

4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Think the Toon should go for Pearson - that would be epic on many levels. 

Back in the real world it will likely be Conte or someone of that level. 

Be absolutely buzzing if they tap up Pep for the Nooo project like. 

Pearson would be a decent choice for this season I reckon.

Reckon they'll go for an available manager this season to keep them up then a big name to develop them next season. If I was in thier shoes and money was no object, I'd probably to a Bayern and get Frank from Brentford purely to weaken a rival  - proper shithousery

Newcastle are so interesting now, because they still have one of the weakest squads in the league, and an average at best manager.

The new owners have a number of decisions to make and it isn't too inconceivable that they get relegated this year.

Do they stick with Bruce? If not, do they go for a safe pair of hands until the summer or bring in a big name straight away? (I can see them looking at a well known name eventually, think Lampard, Gerrard or Pirlo. I don't see a Conte going there yet).

Do they bring one or two players into the club in the January window? Or splash the cash on 4/5 and risk a disjointed side battling it out for relegation?

So many questions...and I'm not sure how much "Football knowledge" there will be behind the scenes. 

13 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Do they bring one or two players into the club in the January window? Or splash the cash on 4/5 and risk a disjointed side battling it out for relegation?

I think this gives too much credit to the perceived 'strength' of the league at present.

If Newcastle brought in 4/5 proven Premier League or Euro class players in Jan they'd comfortably finish in the top half.

They'll probably get battered a few times, just like we will, but at the end of the day it's not that hard to string 6-8 results together in a row if you sign class players.

I found the odds on them to finish top half nuts, they're only 7 points off it now. Take Bruce out of the equation and use some actual tactics/players playing in the right place... even what they have now should finish 10th/11th/12th.

26 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

A friend of mine is a football journo with experience of the Saudi way of doing things. He says where the Qatar people running PSG have a bit more of a football brain, the Saudis haven't got a fuching clue. He likened it to headless chickens with loads of money. 

Probably why it's a good thing for Newcastle the Reubens have a seat on the board, they know Football and a number of good people in it too. 

Can we start a petition to reintroduce the Super League?!? Would be delighted to see the back of these attention seeking owners and their PR vehicles formerly known as Football Clubs. Just let everyone else get back to playing/watching regular football without these corrupt institutions and their political agendas. 

16 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It is increasingly tempting to bin off premier league football and go support non league instead. Helps that we have completed top level English football, never thought I’d see that happen. 

Why don't you then?

9 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Can we start a petition to reintroduce the Super League?!? Would be delighted to see the back of these attention seeking owners and their PR vehicles formerly known as Football Clubs. Just let everyone else get back to playing/watching regular football without these corrupt institutions and their political agendas. 

What exactly are we doing at the minute?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Watching something that resembles a pantomime in my opinion. You can't seriously tell me that this is the game that you fell in love with!

No, I was just interested to understand why you don't think we are watching/playing regular football. Might have taken it in the wrong way, but teams are playing more football than ever at the minute!

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I expect a massive sponsorship deal with Saudi Airways to be announced in the summer to kickstart the FFP dodging.

That is such a no-brainer, I called it a while back  :unsure:

NewRobson.PNG.202c8e5ca6d57d92a73d5cdc13283ebb.PNG

50M a year for the kit sponsorship, 50M a year for the St James naming rights, and another 50M to rename it the "His Excellency Mohammed Bin Salman Al Saud Bobby Robson statue"...

Enjoy your new life NUFC fans.  It will be like being dropped into the witness protection program at the swankiest resort in Abu Dhabi.  The sweet life, if you don't mind severing yourself from your past identity.

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1