Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Am quite surprised by the hypocrisy on here to be honest. No billionaires are 100% squeaky clean, including ours!

If it came out tomorrow they'd been whipping people behind the back of airports to make them sell more Jo Malone candles we wouldn't bat a ****ing eyelid lol 

Our owners have been involved in plenty of scandal in Thailand, they're just very good at covering it up/having the right connections. 

Don't kid yourselves that's all i'd say! 

PIF might be the extreme end of the scale, but not a single owner of a Premier League club is a saint.

• Like 1

See Ronaldo has won player of the month, seemingly by default lol POTM shouldn’t be up to a public vote, because I could quite easily see him winning it every month because the CR7 fanboys and girls make it so. 

Salah or, with how shite we’ve been and how good he’s been despite that, Vardy for me. 

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It makes you think; where is the line drawn where your club owner is too awful?

Off the top of my head these guys blew up the twin towers, murdered a journalist, kidnappings. Then there's the laws of the land, stonings, chopping off parts of the body for crimes, Yemen. 

And these Newcastle fans are actually celebrating their new owners on the basis they have a lot of money. It makes me want to puke.

I would suggest the line is drawn wherever the **** you want it to be if you're a Newcastle fan and think you're gonna be led to the land of milk and honey by your new benefactors.

Case in point the below from Newcastle's LGBT supporters network...

Hey if I lived in your country  I'd have to hide my sexuality otherwise I might get whipped, chemically castrated or worse, but as you're gonna bung us a skip load of cash you're most welcome.....

**** professional football in this country. I'm done. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Am quite surprised by the hypocrisy on here to be honest. No billionaires are 100% squeaky clean, including ours!

If it came out tomorrow they'd been whipping people behind the back of airports to make them sell more Jo Malone candles we wouldn't bat a ****ing eyelid lol 

Our owners have been involved in plenty of scandal in Thailand, they're just very good at covering it up/having the right connections. 

Don't kid yourselves that's all i'd say! 

PIF might be the extreme end of the scale, but not a single owner of a Premier League club is a saint.

Our owners resemble saints, especially compared to PIF. 

Got a point comparing to some owners but ours are many classes above. 

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It makes you think; where is the line drawn where your club owner is too awful?

Off the top of my head these guys blew up the twin towers, murdered a journalist, kidnappings. Then there's the laws of the land, stonings, chopping off parts of the body for crimes, Yemen. 

And these Newcastle fans are actually celebrating their new owners on the basis they have a lot of money. It makes me want to puke.

Just in that picture you’ve got people holding the Saudi flag while wearing a shirt with a betting sponsor on it (gambling gets you imprisoned) and people drinking alcohol, which is punished with fines, flogging or prison.

Then there’s Amanda Stavely being a big part of the deal. Here’s a genuine picture from a women’s rights conference in Saudi Arabia: 

5d020bcf2400008c178bbebf.jpeg?ops=scalef

I can’t imagine many female Toon fans being fond of these new guys. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Seen posts saying things like “we have our club back” 

what are they even talking about. It’s now Saudi owned how is that having your club back 

Alan Shearer said "the fans have their club back" when in fact the fans are further away than ever from having their club back. 

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Probably why it's a good thing for Newcastle the Reubens have a seat on the board, they know Football and a number of good people in it too. 

Jamie reuben is a piss artist and Staveley is just the mouth piece. They're just the legitimate front of it. They'll be discarded quickly if things don't go well.

43 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Seen posts saying things like “we have our club back” 

what are they even talking about. It’s now Saudi owned how is that having your club back 

They won't be saying that if he announces there relocating the club to London lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Jamie reuben is a piss artist and Staveley is just the mouth piece. They're just the legitimate front of it. They'll be discarded quickly if things don't go well.

Rueben’s family own 10% and so do staveley’s company. They may be dumped as the front of the club but their shares cannot go to PIF. I think the saudi’s have undertaken that their shareholding won’t go above 80%. 

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

They won't be saying that if he announces there relocating the club to London lol

Wait until they start pushing for games over in Saudi Arabia again, no doubt PIF will be at the very front of it

1 hour ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I would suggest the line is drawn wherever the **** you want it to be if you're a Newcastle fan and think you're gonna be led to the land of milk and honey by your new benefactors.

Hey if I lived in your country  I'd have to hide my sexuality otherwise I might get whipped, chemically castrated or worse, but as you're gonna bung us a skip load of cash you're most welcome.....

Imagine putting a statement out “We welcome these people who want us dead”.

7 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Very odd. Simple silence would've sent a message about dialogue. 

I'm not certain the Saudi law and attitude will be swayed by the Newcastle Pride group. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Be funny when Harry Kane leaves Spurs to go to Newcastle in order to win trophies lol 

Last time each club won:

FA Cup:

Spurs: 1991

Newcastle: 1955

League Title:

Spurs: 1961

Newcastle: 1927

League Cup:

Spurs: 2008

Newcastle: runners up 1976

Community Shield:

Spurs: 1961 outright (67, 81 and 91 was shared)

Newcastle: 1909

Also, came across this earlier:

The only thing funnier than their tally increase is the fact they considered themselves part of that clique in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Last time each club won:

FA Cup:

Spurs: 1991

Newcastle: 1955

League Title:

Spurs: 1961

Newcastle: 1927

League Cup:

Spurs: 2008

Newcastle: runners up 1976

Community Shield:

Spurs: 1961 outright (67, 81 and 91 was shared)

Newcastle: 1909

Also, came across this earlier:

The only thing funnier than their tally increase is the fact they considered themselves part of that clique in the first place. 

Tottenham have won one major trophy since ENIC took over (Dec 2000), the League Cup in 2008.

That's the same number as Wigan, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Swansea.

We've won two of course...

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Tottenham have won one major trophy since ENIC took over (Dec 2000), the League Cup in 2008.

That's the same number as Wigan, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Swansea.

We've won two of course...

Not to mention two minor league titles…

2 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I imagine United with pride's statement might have been slightly different had they bought Sunderland lol

That statement is genuinely unbelievable, even by Twitter 2021 standards.

25 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

The guy from United with pride was on sky sports news saying he expects a Newcastle sponsor LGBTQ+ Event to still go ahead and actually be a bigger event now that the club has money 

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Why don't you then?

What exactly are we doing at the minute?

I’ve followed the club since I was 5, when I first went to Filbert street, so I have a pretty significant sentimental attachment. This happened a day or so ago. Just feels like another nail in the coffin of English football.

Maybe I will think differently in a few weeks or months time, but my local non-league side is more worthy of my cash than the Premier League, in my opinion.