Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hideously embarrassing yourself with this whataboutism. 

Trying to justify an oppressive, homophobic, misogynistic absolute monarchy buying your relatives' favourite football club by pretending all billionaires are equally morally reprehensible is just stupid. 

There's a world of difference. You're not a hypocrite if you happen to have drawn the line of tolerance somewhere between corporate skulduggery and the public execution of homosexuals and alleged adulterers. 

But, as I keep reading on social media, Newcastle deserve this (unlike all other clubs in the football league system who haven't seen a trophy in living memory or at all).

• Like 1

could still go wrong for Newcastle they could get relegated this season and there is no guarantee even with money you will come straight back up as it’s a hard division to get out of. And they still need to hire the right Manager and players just because they can spend 100s of millions doesn’t mean it will win them anything maybe just finish 9th instead of near the bottom 

11 minutes ago, Md9 said:

could still go wrong for Newcastle they could get relegated this season and there is no guarantee even with money you will come straight back up as it’s a hard division to get out of. And they still need to hire the right Manager and players just because they can spend 100s of millions doesn’t mean it will win them anything maybe just finish 9th instead of near the bottom 

I heard Lee Clarke talk earlier and he spoke about them progressing avoid relegation then top ten following season compete in the top 6 then challenge for the league they would need ten quality players coming in to challenge for anything next year and that rarely works it's got to be a slow build exciting times for the toon army though.

23 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Few Newcastle fans I know offering wagers on them finishing above us next season. 

What are people's thoughts?

They are able to spend around £200m in jan because of their low spending over the last few seasons ….I imagine the way we are playing at the moment, they could finish above us this season! 

The buying state is despicable, the further imbalance it will create is disgusting, the direction of (continued) travel by the EPL is sickening,and the whole thing is utterly unsurprising. 

See the other 19 clubs have come out and complained about lack of transparency. lol 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They are able to spend around £200m in jan because of their low spending over the last few seasons ….I imagine the way we are playing at the moment, they could finish above us this season! 

I don't understand how they can only spend £200m if they spent more what would be the consequences a fine and not being allowed in the champions league?

11 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I don't understand how they can only spend £200m if they spent more what would be the consequences a fine and not being allowed in the champions league?

There is premier league FFP on spending and also on season to season wage bill increase.  This is separate to uefa ffp. 

breaking PL ffp would result in a sanction of some kind depending on how severe the breach was …… 

12 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Can't wait for Newcastle to spaff hundreds of millions on substandard players (see Everton), and be barely any better off in 3 years time. Then when it turns out the new owners are tired of wasting their cash and stop the splurge after a merry-go-round of famous yet has-been managers, the fans are all "Saudis oot, pet" and start punching camels

No way are the Saudis going to quit …… they won’t allow themselves to fail …..it could take ten years but they will stick with it. Whether success is established CL status I don’t know but they won’t quit unless events outside of football take over …

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Rueben’s family own 10% and so do staveley’s company. They may be dumped as the front of the club but their shares cannot go to PIF. I think the saudi’s have undertaken that their shareholding won’t go above 80%. 

For now....

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, moore_94 said:
"The demand for the emergency meeting is not so much an attempt to derail the takeover – because it is too late – rather a reflection of how high feelings are running."

The league has never been so united 🤣

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Hideously embarrassing yourself with this whataboutism. 

Trying to justify an oppressive, homophobic, misogynistic absolute monarchy buying your relatives' favourite football club by pretending all billionaires are equally morally reprehensible is just stupid. 

There's a world of difference. You're not a hypocrite if you happen to have drawn the line of tolerance somewhere between corporate skulduggery and the public execution of homosexuals and alleged adulterers. 

I’m just saying I know what it would be like on here if it was us. Simple as that. 

59 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

For now....

‘the PL has received legal undertakings ‘ ………

14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The likes of Amanda Staveley  are just the front face to all this.

We all know who will be having the power and control of the club.

if you had 80% of a business then you’d be in complete control ……

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The likes of Amanda Staveley  are just the front face to all this.

We all know who will be having the power and control of the club.

Staveley was born into privilege and could have been more or less anything she wanted, but has chosen to make a living from being an acceptable face for warlords and other shady characters… Pretty much tells you what you need to know about who she is. No doubt they will get the success she says they want in her recent interview. 

• Like 1

Just from a football point of view I can't say that I'm really bothered. As things stand we'll need the stars in alignment again to win the league anyway which is very unlikely to happen given it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime event. 

There's only so many elite players to go around so another money rich club will just dilute the pool and upset the others in that group. 

Makes it even more satisfying to have experienced 2015/16 and not to have an 'if only' chip on our shoulders. 

• Like 4

Sucks to be a Pommy at the moment.

The Saudi's really???

Nothing English about the most wonderful football league in the world anymore.

I understand financial benefits, being a competitive but the greed and win at all cost mentality killing the BEAUTIFUL GAME over there.

I'm bracing myself for the Kim Jong-un to buy a EPL team soon.