Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

53 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Where do people draw a line in the ethical sand when it comes to where their club's money comes from? 

If Gary Glitter got out of jail and then headed a billion pound consortium to buy Newcastle do you think they would be celebrating in the streets? 

Yet his crimes are a drop in the ocean compared to the Saudis. 

Very true….. it is frankly shocking that the premier league even begun to entertain this idea. Furthermore they were satisfied that they were fit to run a club once the allegations of illegal premier league streaming was settled…

It speaks volumes really, this takeover is a deeply damaging day for football, it simply proves that money is valued more than morals. This consortium have no place in the elite football world, their human rights violations, prohibiting of anyone connected to the LGBTQ+ community and appalling view on women’s rights should be enough to stop them. 

Empire’s forged on mud will eventually collapse, as will this…… the Wolves will gather at the doors before long…………….. (no pun intended) 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Might just go and start watching the Squid Game world championships instead. Less blood money involved.

Lol.. forge fc mate

I cant blame newcastle fans for feeling how they do. Ashley was a shit owner.

Man city and other top clubs cant really complain  they've had it good for a long time.

I feel for the smaller clubs who must now think whats the feckin point?

I know we have mega rich ownership but we arent even in the same class as the top clubs as it stands and we are in a much better place then half of the EPL.

This will impact us long term and makes our win even more amazing. I dont see how any club outside of big 6 will  ever win the EPL ( including us). 

The only way you can stop the madness is to implement hard salary caps (and other things) but that wont happen. 

Bet Pep is about to duck out the end of this season as he knows to get out before newcastle buys their title lol

Enjoy those exhibition games in Saudi! Yikes.

Or we can settle for  a owner from china with shady links to Xi Jinping and the chinese communist party. Nothing to see here!

Breaking news, the Devil has purchased Burnley....fittingly named team I guess 

• Like 1

The Newcastle deal ought to creat another serial title challenger... but it will take a while before they get to a level of regular euro football so that  their money can attract world class players.

What it does do is enhance the epl by providing a great sub plot.  With Italian clubs and Spanish clubs being strapped for cash the epl is tbe place to be.

People seem to think that because Newcastle on paper are the richest club blah blah blah that they definitely will be throwing silly money at everything. 

Even Man City have missed out on big players in the past as they just couldn't stomach the numbers being banded about. 

My gut feeling is I think they're likely to become another Everton rather than a powerhouse of European football

• Like 2

I’m already sick to death of reading/hearing about Newcastle on pretty much every sports media outlet 

Whilst it may be better to increase the number of clubs that can compete at the top end on a sustained basis I just can’t respect that being attained on such a blatant money buys trophies basis 

I’d much rather see a West Ham or Southampton type set up be a new club to win the PL than one where it has simply been achieved by many many many pound notes 

There are some bizarre comments flying around everywhere.

Like I said elsewhere, it's incredibly convenient to take the holier than thou moral high ground when its not your club.

Though I should add that comments rejoicing while not acknowledging the human rights records dont sit right with me either.

Edited by Nalis

6 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

I think the biggest thing is that Newcastle are majority backed by an actual country as opposed to a wealthy group or family. Seems a bit odd, are there any other clubs owned by countries? 

You could argue Real Madrid :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Just from a football point of view I can't say that I'm really bothered. As things stand we'll need the stars in alignment again to win the league anyway which is very unlikely to happen given it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime event. 

There's only so many elite players to go around so another money rich club will just dilute the pool and upset the others in that group. 

Makes it even more satisfying to have experienced 2015/16 and not to have an 'if only' chip on our shoulders. 

I was thinking exactly this re diluting the pool.SayDe bruyne,Salah,Van Dyke,Pogba left their respective clubs.

How would you replace them.

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Because neither of those clubs owners are actively involved in the affairs and laws of their country……

Laws that make is a genuine danger to be a woman, member of the LGBTQ+ community and a complete disregard for human rights. 

None of us are suggesting that most PL clubs owners have skeletons in their closets, there will be some in a storage room in a Kind Power building somewhere, but what we know is that most other owners are not actively making innocent people lives a living hell, or ordering people’s murder…… 

It is actually a very genuine concern the PL have allowed this take over, it’s morally unacceptable.

Hang on. I'm confused here. I thought Man City's owner is prime minister of UAE? Either way, even if I'm wrong there, that's still a Country where it's a danger to be a member of the gay community.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

There are some bizarre comments flying around everywhere.

Like I said elsewhere, it's incredibly convenient to take the holier than thou moral high ground when its not your club.

Though I should add that comments rejoicing while not acknowledging the human rights records dont sit right with me either.

I don’t know, half our supporters are up in arms if one of the players gets a fancy new backpack!

47 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Hang on. I'm confused here. I thought Man City's owner is prime minister of UAE? Either way, even if I'm wrong there, that's still a Country where it's a danger to be a member of the gay community.

He has links to the royals in an advisory capacity,  and naturally people on his position tend to work closely with their respective governments, however, the Saudi members of the consortium basically are the government in their respective country.

The very fact that Newcastle are keep to point out that the kingdom of Saudi Arabia are a in a “non executive” position and only make up for a % of the consortium should be ringing alarm bells… the money isn’t an issue it’s everything else that sits behind. And it’s not just the LGBTQ+ community, it’s as many have pointed out their appalling human rights and view on women’s rights…….. 

And the small issue surrounding the murder of Jamal Khashoggi. 

• Like 1

Can't believe that they passed the Fit and Proper Ownership Test.

Am not convinced at all that the people managing the club now are clean by any means..

Mike Ashley must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Edited by Wymsey

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Can't believe that they passed the Fit and Proper Ownership Test.

Am not convinced at all that the people managing the club now are clean by any means..

Mike Ashley must be laughing all the way to the bank.

There's no human rights check in the fit and proper test. Outside of their poor human rights, state sponsored murder and poor treatment of women and homosexuals, they are fine to own a football team.

• Like 1