Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

My feeling towards all of this is this is just Ashley playing his final game with the fan base. He’s spent years ripping the soul out the club and with this sale he’s finally destroyed it, the fans just haven’t realised it yet. Ashley, love him or hate him is a smart guy and I reckon this is a sort of final **** you to the fan base. I think it’s quite funny. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Because neither of those clubs owners are actively involved in the affairs and laws of their country……

Laws that make is a genuine danger to be a woman, member of the LGBTQ+ community and a complete disregard for human rights. 

None of us are suggesting that most PL clubs owners have skeletons in their closets, there will be some in a storage room in a Kind Power building somewhere, but what we know is that most other owners are not actively making innocent people lives a living hell, or ordering people’s murder…… 

It is actually a very genuine concern the PL have allowed this take over, it’s morally unacceptable.

I don’t k ow about other people, but I wouldn’t be bothered if it was just another oil tycoon because that’s the way the game is going, this one is different because the Saudi groups wrongdoings are active for us all to see, and that’s the worse part about the PL accepting the take over, in one hand they’re supporting an anti racism movement, and then in the next they’re supporting a completely unethical consortium of people who oppose the anti discrimination vision due to the state of such laws on their own country…… they’re quite literally contradicting themselves. 

Very well put. It does make you wonder though exactly what it takes to fail the 'fit and proper' test? Possibly several thousand pounds into certain funds or back pockets perhaps?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Very well put. It does make you wonder though exactly what it takes to fail the 'fit and proper' test? Possibly several thousand pounds into certain funds or back pockets perhaps?

A few brown envelopes I expect.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Opening your territory for legitimately showing games and banning the illegal streamers will help….

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Because neither of those clubs owners are actively involved in the affairs and laws of their country……

Laws that make is a genuine danger to be a woman, member of the LGBTQ+ community and a complete disregard for human rights. 

None of us are suggesting that most PL clubs owners have skeletons in their closets, there will be some in a storage room in a Kind Power building somewhere, but what we know is that most other owners are not actively making innocent people lives a living hell, or ordering people’s murder…… 

It is actually a very genuine concern the PL have allowed this take over, it’s morally unacceptable.

I don’t k ow about other people, but I wouldn’t be bothered if it was just another oil tycoon because that’s the way the game is going, this one is different because the Saudi groups wrongdoings are active for us all to see, and that’s the worse part about the PL accepting the take over, in one hand they’re supporting an anti racism movement, and then in the next they’re supporting a completely unethical consortium of people who oppose the anti discrimination vision due to the state of such laws on their own country…… they’re quite literally contradicting themselves. 

Great Post.

Added to that and not ignoring our own ownership which I don't believe is perfect but I find it incredibly troubling fans are celebrating a change in ownership and being richer. Yes they've had Ashley but welcoming it in that fashion is troubling.

I don't remember any scenes similar to any change in ownership. I find I odd enough celebrating anything that happens off the pitch yet now fans are celebrating being bought out by by a shady regime.

Downright odd.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Surely the Abu Dhabi investment fund is a govt fund ??

They are, and whereas there is evidence of them not being themselves morally sound https://www.josimar.no/artikler/the-men-behind-manchester-city-the-dark-side/5040/

(unofficial article so possibly taken with a pinch of salt)

It is the fact that there are a fair few publicised incidents where Newcastle’s new consortium been closely linked to complete violations of human rights amongst other acts of immoral behaviour, and like I mentioned earlier, the ordering of the murder of Jamal Khashoggi is a very public incident that haunts the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, and will probably continue to forever. The US are adamant that the formerly mentioned prince approved the killing. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58840820

Newcastle United: UK blocks details of Premier League talks to protect Saudi relations

The UK government is refusing to reveal what it told the Premier League about the Saudi-backed takeover of Newcastle United because it could "harm" relations with Saudi Arabia.

The government says it did not get involved in the deal, which has been criticised by human rights activists.

But the Foreign Office is known to have held meetings with the Premier League to discuss it.

The BBC asked for details of these meetings under Freedom of Information.

The Foreign Office responded with a redacted copy of the agenda for one meeting, which took place on 14 May 2020, and a redacted copy of the minutes of another meeting on 10 June 2020.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58840820

Newcastle United: UK blocks details of Premier League talks to protect Saudi relations

The UK government is refusing to reveal what it told the Premier League about the Saudi-backed takeover of Newcastle United because it could "harm" relations with Saudi Arabia.

The government says it did not get involved in the deal, which has been criticised by human rights activists.

But the Foreign Office is known to have held meetings with the Premier League to discuss it.

The BBC asked for details of these meetings under Freedom of Information.

The Foreign Office responded with a redacted copy of the agenda for one meeting, which took place on 14 May 2020, and a redacted copy of the minutes of another meeting on 10 June 2020.

Doesn’t fill you with confidence does it….. basically the government are even admitted they’ve somewhat turned a blind eye. 

The truth will our eventually, and it will probably be messy. 

• Like 3

Last time I was able to see us at St James' was 2014/15 in a drab on nil defeat. After a series of wins there, the next time I will get a chance to see us there is this April hopefully, when we'll possibly lose if they invest ffs haha

Edited by Nalis

10 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

German football fans laughing at this and our ownership models.

It's a better model than the Prem for sure, but it's by no means perfect with the amount of known clubs finding loop holes and likely several others who aren't known about

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/25/supporters-may-own-german-football-clubs-but-the-wealthy-can-bend-the-rules

31 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's a better model than the Prem for sure, but it's by no means perfect with the amount of known clubs finding loop holes and likely several others who aren't known about

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/25/supporters-may-own-german-football-clubs-but-the-wealthy-can-bend-the-rules

Those that break rank from it are despised.