Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Lambert09 said:

In my next fm campaign I might just give a conference team 1b and see how long it takes them to get up to the prem. 

I did this with Hinckley on FM08/09 and I went back after 3 seasons. They had been promoted once and had Kayode Odejayi on 200k pw lol

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

In my next fm campaign I might just give a conference team 1b and see how long it takes them to get up to the prem. 

I’m crossing my fingers that Toon are playing the same game, but in reverse.

Edited by TrentFox

11 hours ago, TrentFox said:

To be honest, it would have been funnier if they'd done it honestly instead of actually trying to be amusing. 

FM throws up some such random shit and the AI is so bad at signing players (especially when cash is high but reputation is low as per Newcastle) that it probably would throw up some bonkers outcomes. 

17 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Interesting with all the talk of new Newcastle manager and Bruce still hasn’t been sacked yet. Can only think at this stage of the week, he will be in charge for Spurs at the weekend.

Increasingly looking like he could at Newcastle for a bit yet. Appears they want an interim as they think it will give them a better chance at end of the season to get a more exciting appointment 

Shit reasons for being a glory hunter - number 456

From this week’s Lawro’s predictions on BBC Sport - Shepherd actor Tom Hunter 

Hughes did not know whether to follow his dad (an Everton fan) or his brother and grandad (both Liverpool) when he chose which team to support, so went his own way. "I remember watching the 1995 FA Cup final with my dad and I was thinking 'look at this team, the plucky underdogs that have just lost the league on the last day of the season and have now lost the FA Cup final too. They are my kindred spirits so I am going to support them'. And then we won… everything. It's the best decision I ever made”

Edited by Mike Oxlong

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Increasingly looking like he could at Newcastle for a bit yet. Appears they want an interim as they think it will give them a better chance at end of the season to get a more exciting appointment 

I mean there's really no rush. 

They aren't going to be able to splurge that much straight away because the club is in such a mess they've got to balance the ship first. 

Because of spending rules they can't just inject infinitely. It's a different world from when Man City got taken over. 

They'll get there eventually for sure but the idea that they're going to mega spend immediately in January is naive.