Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I mean there's really no rush. 

They aren't going to be able to splurge that much straight away because the club is in such a mess they've got to balance the ship first. 

Because of spending rules they can't just inject infinitely. It's a different world from when Man City got taken over. 

They'll get there eventually for sure but the idea that they're going to mega spend immediately in January is naive. 

They could spend about £200m in January if they wanted to because of how little they have spent over the years under Ashley

Have to get rid of players before they buy though because of squad size

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Shit reasons for being a glory hunter - number 456

From this week’s Lawro’s predictions on BBC Sport - Shepherd actor Tom Hunter 

Hughes did not know whether to follow his dad (an Everton fan) or his brother and grandad (both Liverpool) when he chose which team to support, so went his own way. "I remember watching the 1995 FA Cup final with my dad and I was thinking 'look at this team, the plucky underdogs that have just lost the league on the last day of the season and have now lost the FA Cup final too. They are my kindred spirits so I am going to support them'. And then we won… everything. It's the best decision I ever made”

Man Utd, the plucky underdogs?! That's not something you often hear :blink: :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

A win for Bruce may buy him some time, I think maybe owners know atm no top manager will want to join a club fighting for survival. They could lose to spurs sack Bruce and bring in someone experienced, to keep them up till may. Then go all out for the top target in the summer. Too far for Arry for interim? 

Mixed messages from Klopp here.

He is complaining one of his players got picked for England (Under 21s) and unfortunately  for him got injured which I guess is frustrating but then also moaning that one of his I'd say more  injury prone players wasn't picked by the 1st team. 

Does he only want Liverpool players to be selected for the senior team?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/15/jurgen-klopp-slams-fa-over-curtis-jones-injury-and-questions-joe-gomez-england-snub-15427107/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rachhere said:

Never thought I would feel sorry for Steve Bruce 

Not me. 

He gets a huge salary for his job, to compensate for the volatility of the role. Even in his field there are plenty of managers and coaches further down the pecking order who will never get the chance to manage at Premer League level. 

The situation there isn't ideal, but all he has to do is get his players to perform - tell them that their future may be uncertain, but they can show their worth by playing well on the day.In a sense Bruce is now on easy street. If the team doesn't play well he can put it down to off-pitch matters.

7 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Not me. 

He gets a huge salary for his job, to compensate for the volatility of the role. Even in his field there are plenty of managers and coaches further down the pecking order who will never get the chance to manage at Premer League level. 

The situation there isn't ideal, but all he has to do is get his players to perform - tell them that their future may be uncertain, but they can show their worth by playing well on the day.In a sense Bruce is now on easy street. If the team doesn't play well he can put it down to off-pitch matters.

You heavily underestimate the pressure a manager has.

Easy Street lol lol

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You heavily underestimate the pressure a manager has.

Easy Street lol lol

He knows he's only there for the short term, whether it be 2 days or 2 weeks, so a lot of the pressure is gone. Plus he'll be entitled to millions in compo.

A huge difference to (for example) working for a company that is rumoured to be making redundancies - many of us have been in that situation where we spend time not knowing whether we'll have a job or not, and unless you've worked donkey's years for the same place you have no real compensation to look forward to.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Mixed messages from Klopp here.

He is complaining one of his players got picked for England (Under 21s) and unfortunately  for him got injured which I guess is frustrating but then also moaning that one of his I'd say more  injury prone players wasn't picked by the 1st team. 

Does he only want Liverpool players to be selected for the senior team?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/15/jurgen-klopp-slams-fa-over-curtis-jones-injury-and-questions-joe-gomez-england-snub-15427107/

He’s a moaner old Klopp, loves to moan! 

• Like 2

Joe Gomez on the bench for Liverpool today. Why's he not starting Jurgen? He's playing well enough to play for England apparently, but not good enough to get in the Liverpool team 🙄

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

Are Watford even in the game? I'm not watching but stats suggest they've forgotten to turn up.

7 minutes ago, Torten said:

Watford are looking really poor

Can't really judge Ranieri on the result today, but I thought they'd be more up for it than they seem. Feels like he's just decided to stick Sarr through the middle and hope he gets on to a ball in behind.