Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

I wish Ranieri had retired after 15/16. I really don't like to see him like this.

Reckon that his superb success in 2015/2016, in his mind, has made him 'entitled' to carry on with football management - sadly.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon that his superb success in 2015/2016, in his mind, has made him 'entitled' to carry on with football management - sadly.

He cant let go. If teams are willing to throw away cash then why not setup your family, grandkid etc

Joking aside, I’d rather have Salah in my side currently, than Mbappe. Liverpool are a brilliant team when they’re on song, are great to watch. Pains me as my dad and I are the only Foxes in a family full of Liverpool fans (+1 Newcastle fan). 

49 minutes ago, ttfn said:

That 3rd Liverpool goal yesterday was ridiculous. Offside rule is completely broken in that regard.

Agree.

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

That 3rd Liverpool goal yesterday was ridiculous. Offside rule is completely broken in that regard.

It’s a tough one. We’ve seen two this week which really should be offside. Changing the law would mean the officials have to judge what was in the defenders mind rather than looking at what actually happens. it brings some subjectivity into the law (in that particular instance ). 

on balance, I think it should be changed 

37 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Salah scored in 8 games in a row? Bloody hell, impressive. Hopefully he fails to score against United, I want Vardy to have the record for a long long time.

It's 6 premier league games, 8 in all competitions.

40 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Salah scored in 8 games in a row? Bloody hell, impressive. Hopefully he fails to score against United, I want Vardy to have the record for a long long time.

I think it’s only 6 Premier League games in a row. 

Cracking comeback that from Wolves, would have been first on any other week. Scenes! :thumbup:

Makes me feel slightly better about our own defensive woes to see Villa undone by three scrappy set-pieces too. Atrocious way to lose a game from being 2-0 up. lol

Edited by OntarioFox

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It’s a tough one. We’ve seen two this week which really should be offside. Changing the law would mean the officials have to judge what was in the defenders mind rather than looking at what actually happens. it brings some subjectivity into the law (in that particular instance ). 

on balance, I think it should be changed 

Agreed and VAR will help officials. Feels easier for them to judge defender intent than for a defender to know if a striker is offside. We can all look at yesterday's and agree it shouldn't have stood.

Everton once again being negative park the bus merchants. For a club that spends so much they play some atrocious unwatchable football. Abomination of a fan base as well. Unfortunately they will never get relegated but would love to see them do a 5 year stint in the Championship. 

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Sky currently whitewashing the Saudi takeover at Newcastle :unsure:

I get a lot of owners haven’t got to where they are without bending the rules now and then, this lot are on a different level. 

Newcastle are a bit of a golden child for Sky. They were a top team during the early years of the Premier League under Keegan- full houses, classic games v Liverpool and Man United and Sky have always held a high interest.

They want them back challenging near the top again.

• Like 2