Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Anyone else get the feeling that Ronaldo is going to take united backwards rather than forwards. 

they looked like they were building something good and he may have disrupted everything as the focus moves to him 

That what he did in Italy 🇮🇹 

28 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Like Pogba did yesterday.

He's a real problem for united. He's very good but he isn't a real team player. He sets them back but is too good to drop. 

They need a less quality but more tactically astute midfielder. 

Is it just me who think Steve Bruce is given a totally unnecessarily hard time by Newcastle fans?

His record over his 2 completed seasons is the same as under Benitez (44 points in first season, 45 in second). Even the terrible start they’ve had this season is no worse than the one they had in 2018/19 under Benitez.

He’s definitely got friends in the media who talk him up to be a decent mid table manager when his record would suggest otherwise and I’m sure that’s frustrating for Newcastle fans when their team produce the sort of rubbish they have over the last 3 or 4 years. But it strikes me that he’s a top-end Championship manager managing a bottom six Premier League squad. The disparity between where Newcastle are and who the manager is is nowhere near as big as they would have you believe. By Premier League standards he’s crap and the players are crap. That they play crap football and get crap results is not all Bruce’s fault.

The rare occasions that they do something other than play poorly there is absolutely no credit for Bruce. In the last 2 years whenever they’ve been on a good run of form it’s always been somebody else apparently driving it: the fans, the players, Graeme Jones, luck or just riding on Benitez’s coat tails.

The narrative about Newcastle fans “demanding success” is massively overblown but they don’t help themselves  sometimes.

Edited by ttfn

17 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Is it just me who think Steve Bruce is given a totally unnecessarily hard time by Newcastle fans?

His record over his 2 completed seasons is the same as under Benitez (44 points in first season, 45 in second). Even the terrible start they’ve had this season is no worse than the one they had in 2018/19 under Benitez.

He’s definitely got friends in the media who talk him up to be a decent mid table manager when his record would suggest otherwise and I’m sure that’s frustrating for Newcastle fans when their team produce the sort of rubbish they have over the last 3 or 4 years. But it strikes me that he’s a top-end Championship manager managing a bottom six Premier League squad. The disparity between where Newcastle are and who the manager is is nowhere near as big as they would have you believe. By Premier League standards he’s crap and the players are crap. That they play crap football and get crap results is not all Bruce’s fault.

The rare occasions that they do something other than play poorly there is absolutely no credit for Bruce. In the last 2 years whenever they’ve been on a good run of form it’s always been somebody else apparently driving it: the fans, the players, Graeme Jones, luck or just riding on Benitez’s coat tails.

The narrative about Newcastle fans “demanding success” is massively overblown but they don’t help themselves  sometimes.

Tottally unfair on the greatness of Newcastle. Didn't they win the FA cup in 1955?

**** me…. The Newcastle fans turning up with ghutra’s on….. screams of tin pot, and isn’t it cultural appropriation? 

All of this talk of Newcastle fans deserving this….. bollocks.

Actually glad Spurs have dicked them today…. But I do feel bad for Bruce. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The Newcastle shirt is terrible.  From the front it looks as though everyone is playing as the number 4.  I can't see past that.  Terrible!  lol

The back is no better, I can't make out the numbers or the names. It's noticeable that clubs can put the sponsor's logo onto a plain background, but not the players' names and numbers (I'm also pointing at you, West Brom). 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Utterly embarrassing behaviour from the Newcastle fans. I know we’ve been guilty (some fans) of doing the same sometimes when the managers are struggling. But the crowd chanting “you’re getting sacked in the morning” to their own manager, after he kept a pretty bang average group of players up despite a lack of funding. Disgraceful.

I’m not sure what to make of Bruce . He put up with Fat Ashley controlling every transfer decision at the club- among others they wouldn’t pay a loan fee for Hamza but signed Joelinton for £40 million on Ashley’s say so even though he’ll never be a premiership footballer as long as he’s got a hole in his ****. Anyone with an ounce of self respect would have quit years ago