Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

No, though surely we could have played Saturday. I know normally Europa league teams play the following Sunday but considering we play Wednesday it was still doable.

True, getting a little lost with all these Sunday games and if we’re on TV or not. I was sure this one was but there you go. 

It just looks so grim at the bottom - Norwich look down already, Newcastle look shite - and even with money I really can’t see who goes there, either as a manager or player. Burnley look aweful, as do Leeds, Southampton and Watford.

For those six it will be a long slog this season. The amazing thing for me is that 3 of those sides will stay up!

• Like 1

We know you can't just chuck money at something and by magic it works. Newcastle fans and owners need to be in it for the long haul. Sky make me laugh. Pundits and fans talking like they are Man City now they have pressed the new owner button. The team on the field is still shite. Nothing changed there. 

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine Newcastle will look to bring in three players in January but will that be enough. Plus luring players to a bottom three club is never easy. My guess they'll look at trying to get dele Ali, jessie lingard and maybe forward on loan .

its defenders they need to bring in first i would think?

36 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It just looks so grim at the bottom - Norwich look down already, Newcastle look shite - and even with money I really can’t see who goes there, either as a manager or player. Burnley look aweful, as do Leeds, Southampton and Watford.

For those six it will be a long slog this season. The amazing thing for me is that 3 of those sides will stay up!

I can see some of the older superstars, looking for one last big payday, heading there. The likes of Bale, Suarez and Ibrahamovic. Whether they can do the business in a relegation battle, is another matter. And if they do stay up then they'll attract plenty of young talent.

50 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Wait until January...its far Too early....enough Time for some of those Teams to turn it around..

Though with Norwich they haven t got much in the cupboard to call on...

Really I Dont care, I prefer to concentrate on our efforts & teams in the Top half, and how high we can pull ourselves.

Unlike some haughty fans,I like Burnley,they have that Spirit & effort in them & will fight every game...

If you like, they carry the Banner of how we used to be...WBA,Stoke,Wolves......put in weekly/monthly/season, endeavour  Hope to push for those

14-8 posiitions, & Slip around those relegation spots.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine Newcastle will look to bring in three players in January but will that be enough. Plus luring players to a bottom three club is never easy. My guess they'll look at trying to get dele Ali, jessie lingard and maybe forward on loan .

Problem is they’ll attract the wrong kind of players, especially in January. It’s a pretty dire situation they’re in, because if they can’t turn it around, it could all start to go a little bit silly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

I can see some of the older superstars, looking for one last big payday, heading there. The likes of Bale, Suarez and Ibrahamovic. Whether they can do the business in a relegation battle, is another matter. And if they do stay up then they'll attract plenty of young talent.

Bale maybe, but his injuries in the North East is Michael Owen all over again for them. The other two you mentioned no chance on Earth they go to Newcastle.

I just want to say...outside our own  Older Statesman Vardy, Nacho..he who came out of the cold, and now the young Attacka-Daka....I

We all know about Kane...

I have come to Enjoy watching Salah, He s been Scoring over a few seasons now, his arrogance is balanced.

He Scores from all angles & finds a way from awkward, difficult positions he has that JV audacity no ball is lost ..he is a joy to watch...

After digesting LCFC news, I like to watch how his game-Days have panned out...

4 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

This isn’t FIFA those players won’t go to Newcastle lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

It would be a huge gamble to go there, knowing you could be relegated and stuck in the championship next season.

Looking ahead to the rest of the reason, for any teams playing them this takeover is going to act as an extra incentive to put their all in. In the meantime Newcastle aren't going to be attracting any top managers if things become delicately poised, whilst if Steve Bruce stays he's not exactly going to be 100% committed knowing what his fate will be at the season. Obviously there's very little to go on at the moment, but I can't help thinking they have already messed up in not backing SB at least publicly for the time being, and that they are underestimating how hard it will be to get top players to join them in the short term. 

10 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Under FFP can't you only increase your wage bill by a certain amount per season? Isn't this going to be a massive problem for Newcastle in the same way it has been for us, Wolves and Villa? 

That was Short Term Cost Control, which ended in 2019 IIRC. It’s the reason we couldn’t compete on wages for players after winning the league because our wages had been so low beforehand and you could only increase it year on year by 7%.

Newcastle could in theory sign Mbappe on a free and pay him £1m a week. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

That was Short Term Cost Control, which ended in 2019 IIRC. It’s the reason we couldn’t compete on wages for players after winning the league because our wages had been so low beforehand and you could only increase it year on year by 7%.

Thank you. I didn't realise that had been binned off.

40 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

i forgot that had been dumped.  stopped us buying a striker in jan 2016 ......... i guess we got away with it !