Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

So Steve Bruce has been granted a stay of execution by the board. (Apologies for the unfortunate choice of phrasing there).

Basically, lose on Saturday at Palace - which they probably will - and his head will roll. (Oh fffs, I did it again). 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

So Steve Bruce has been granted a stay of execution by the board. (Apologies for the unfortunate choice of phrasing there).

Basically, lose on Saturday at Palace - which they probably will - and his head will roll. (Oh fffs, I did it again). 

I really don't see the point. Even if they can't get the new manager in until after the game, they'd be better off having the assistant or youth coach  taking the team for that game. What do I care? I'd love for Bruce to stay. 

20 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Yes you're right lose against Palace and he'll be up for the chop! Oops. 

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yes you're right life against Palace and he'll be up for the chop! Oops. 

Long way for even the hardiest of Toon to travel, and given that he's lost the fan's support anyway, going there this Saturday, he's out on a limb. 

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Anyone would have thought I might have considered that 🤣.  Anyway, as you’re being personal, what do you call your member?

Like Steve Bruce is soon to be...unemployed?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Steve Bruce will be there for as long as it takes them to tap somebody else up and be pretty certain of a replacement. 

Depends on what type of manager aiming to get if they want some realistic to keep them in league and slowly start to build them, then maybe a Steve Gerrard or even a Thomas Frank would be realistic fit for now. I think if there going and trying to lure likes Of a Zindine Zidane or Antionio Conte there going to be wasting their time. No way them guys are going to come in at present.

53 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

This is not the most surprising thing I’ve ever heard. 

Well it has been on the cards for a while now. Oh wait, you mean my self deprecating comment. Fascinating. Why would that be? 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Only you can truly answer this. Search your feelings. 

Blimey, that didn't take long. Didn't really answer the question though. Thanks all the same Sigmund. I think I at least understand that I'm comfortable taking the piss out of myself on an internet football forum. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Blimey, that didn't take long. Didn't really answer the question though. Thanks all the same Sigmund. I think I at least understand that I'm comfortable taking the piss out of myself on an internet football forum. 

Words fail me. Is there anyone there who can stop this relentless barrage of hatred? :)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Watching MNF for the first time in ages. We've received zero credit for our performance. Our win was entirely due to Man U being bad supposedly....

id say it was over 50% of the reason!

10 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

That MNF section was amazing.

No analysis of what they would probably refer to as "United's opponents" whatsoever.

All it was missing were the usual suggestions that United should buy Haaland and Kane. lol

They should just call it "The Monday Night Big Four Toss-off."

Wow.

You’re surprised?  It’s business …..