Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Arsenal are just a point blank average side. I'd be surprised if they qualified for Europe at all. Palace threw that more than anything, I remember thinking it when we beat them away last season that they put so little pressure on us when behind. The equaliser tonight was pretty lucky.

Palace seem to look alright whenever I watch them.

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

Why is the sponsorship ban for only a month, why couldn't it be permanent, after a month will it be back to normal business for the 2 clubs involved, getting 100's of millions from their owners linked businesses or countries.

8 hours ago, MattFox said:

I thought there was already something in place. You could be sponsored by the company that owns you, but the league has to allow it. So they can't pay £2b a year for shirt sponsorship for example, because that would be considered to be an unreasonable amount and not in line with similar sized clubs sponsorship deals.

7 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Why is the sponsorship ban for only a month, why couldn't it be permanent, after a month will it be back to normal business for the 2 clubs involved, getting 100's of millions from their owners linked businesses or countries.

Based on that Guardian article it sounds like it's less just to stop Newcastle, and more to put something in place across the board. All the clubs appear to want to have something in place so sponsors pay a 'fair market value' (vague as that sounds). The one month ban is to buy them time to hash something out, it seems, rather than allow Newcastle to rush in new sponsorships before the other clubs and the league have time to implement anything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MattFox said:

I would imagine that's on the cards anyway once the current deal runs out. 

The change in shirt sponsor is a pretty clear indicator we're trending that way. 

In fairness to KP, they aren't exactly Saudi or Abu Dhabi in wealth so I imagine the fees they paid to have their branding over the club were comparable to regular sponsorships anyway.

I'm assuming FSB are paying more than KP used to and they'll probably get more for the stadium than they've pumped in themselves anyway, now that we've risen a lot in profile. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

Funny how it's only Newcastle and Man City who voted against it......

They had concerns over the 'legality' of the proposal.

How their clubs were purchased in the first place by their current owners were certainly legal, definitely..:whistle:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm going to that guy... the standard of football in the premier league now is so much higher than it was in 1996. 

I don't think it is, the fitness might be. Still reckon they'd do the current Newcastle team even having been on the lash the night before.

• Like 1